The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A Sad end to a great car

r1george

I hate this sort of thing, I had a car vadalised a few years back police took a week to finger print the car, by which time the insurance company had already been in it and the garage guys where it was stored, so a total waste of time.

I would rather they joy rided it, least their is a point.

Good luck with the settlement

Cheers DodgyRog
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCUM!

If you're willing to put in some labour about £1500 plus maybe new lights, wheel refurb and some window rubbers like mentioned before.

And whats left over can help towards genital relocation to what ever part you want to see them wearing it.

Not being funny, but if it's cheap I'd be interested in buying it, assuming the chassis underneath has no jacking or impact damage at all from before the paint damage. Ring me if interested. 07971-952084

Oi! Are we competing for cheap shells now Chris? :D

Totally gutted for you.....utter *******! Makes me very angry!

Just a thought and might be worth a phone call. A guy I used to know worked for a company called Cryogenesis http://www.cryogenesis.co.uk/index.asp?PageID=1 who use high pressure dry ice blasting to clean all sorts of kit.

Although its a type of blasting it is totally non-abrasive and can be used on big industrial applications down to delicate things like circuit boards!

I have no idea if this may help but they may be able to strip the stuff off the car without damaging the underlying paintwork?

Guest SteveW's Carole

Hi ya

In December 2006 I had every panel on my supra keyed, including the front and rear screens. Delightful kids!!! Someones little angels ...NOT!!!

It had to have a complete respray and the screens replaced! I claimed through the insurance, Sky, who were brilliant, they supplied me with a replacement car for 2 weeks!!!

The total cost for all the work was £2,500 not bad I thought for all the was done. Car looks great now.

I don't understand why they have quoted you so much?

Cheers

Carole :)