The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A Sad end to a great car

r1george

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can it not be professionaly mopped to take it off?

you must have done something to annoy someone, as they have gone out of there way to do that

terible

it can be removed by mop iv seen my dad do that but that damage of paint is the whole car so i dont think a mopper would

just been chatting to george feel for the guy,.... may go an see it in person tommrow. it is a right off but hopeing george will get it back as thing may come off and blow ove rmay do the trick,,, but its hard to beleive some ******* can be so out of order. police taking 5 days just adds insult

Here is an idea... Get thinners remove it from the windows lights and things like that.. Get another colour of paint and do a similar effect over the top. Make the best of it, it would be unique :) (And I'm not taking the mick, I'd consider doing it, if they were going to write my car off)

Really feel for you mate. I can't imagine why anyone would do that. Unless they had a personal grudge against you. did any other cars get vandalised, or was it just your two ?

I really can't see how that would cost £4500 to sort though. the plastic parts I'm sure you could source second hand for a relatively modest cost. and rubbers can't be that expensive. I'd get an informal quote from a reputable spray shop (GVN) for both a back to metal spray, and a "same colour respray" explaining what has been done.

Do you know what the paint is?

Mike

To be fair you are talking alot of money to put the car write. A full re spray, wheel refurb, all windows removed and new rubbers etc etc.

Edit by Pete - Please note the rules http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=82442

Traders are companies or individuals who wish to sell or advertise non-private items or services through the forum - this includes people acting as third party agents even if they are not making any profit. Traders have to pay for a traders membership to become recognised as an official trader within the club, although it should be noted that traders are effectively only buying advertising space on the forum and are in no way linked or sponsors of it.

Really feel for you mate. I can't imagine why anyone would do that. Unless they had a personal grudge against you. did any other cars get vandalised, or was it just your two ?

I really can't see how that would cost £4500 to sort though. the plastic parts I'm sure you could source second hand for a relatively modest cost. and rubbers can't be that expensive. I'd get an informal quote from a reputable spray shop (GVN) for both a back to metal spray, and a "same colour respray" explaining what has been done.

Do you know what the paint is?

Mike

As it's going through the insurance everything is replaced new so thats the reason it's so expensive I suppose.

It's out of my hands but might consider buying it back and doing her up!!

sorry to see that buddy, thats bloody shocking...!

When you got the quote did you take it to your insurances approved garage. If so they will do what they call a 'proper' job. Meaning on the quote things are replaced, stripped etc no matter the cost or economical sense and then totaled up at the end.

This seems what they have done for you... the 4200 must include window replacement, stripping the paint back, wheel refurbishmnet etc... plus the insurance approved garages charge top money for man hours which also do not help the overall cost of the quote.

I knew someone who had an accident on their rear quarter area, this at an insurance approved garage would have been a write off, however they took it to an independent garage who looked at the quote in a more economically viable way. They refurbished the wheel rather than replacing etc....

My advice therefore to you would be to get yourself a separate quote at a body shop/ professional moper who could do the same. Making the quote to help you a little more without suffering any quality of the finish.

Hope you get it sorted mate and I hope that helps...!