The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Idea For Supra Mini Break (With Date Vote)

Supragal

Which date would you prefer?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would you prefer?

• 12th June (weekend of the 10th)
    • 26th June (weekend of the 24th)
    • 18th September (weekend of the 16th)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it's on! If my cars not back by then I'll probably just give up all hope!

So, remind me... what were we doing again? Going to tDRs, camping in his parents field and then going...err...somewhere? A track or something? What days do people want to do? drive up Fri pm(24th) and come back Sun pm?

I'll put it in the calendar when we're all agreed...

There's another option now folks - we could also do it as a Knockhill weekend in the same manner with club stand etc. at the venue... here's the email I just got:

---------------------------------------------------------

KNOCKHILL SHOW DATES.

Dear all

Thanks for your support at our Festivals last year and time is rushing on so please find enclosed, a booking form for the first of our 2005 Spectaculars.

We are going back to one-day spectaculars due to feedback from clubs and trade, the festivals really worked for the spectator and for the participant but not so well for you. Hence our one day spectaculars are back on:

Sunday 15th May in association with fast and Modified and Cruisesport

Sunday 24th July in association with Cruisesport

Sunday 4th September in association with Cruisesport

The provisional timetables for these dates are as follows:

8.00am– gates open

9.00am– track driving

12.00pm– King of the hill – drag strip challenge

12.30pm– Challenge Charlie – drifting cometition

1.30pm– track driving

5.00pm– Winners parade – top car/ drivers awards at hairpin

5.15pm– Club parade – all display cars out on track for 10 min parade

5.30pm– Track driving

8.00pm– farewell

---------------------------------------------------------

Also worth mentioning the drag strip at Knockhill isn't a 1/4 mile... probably half that - an uphill section of the main straight they use on those days. Crail is a proper dragstrip with the lights and timing gear etc.

Just to add to this boy - maybe for next year??

Have just driven down to Cornwall for a break (Boscastle - my brothers B&B - link on the site!! Shameless plug!)

3.5 hours from London to north Cornwall - the A30 is just one of the BEST roads I have ever driven on - and one of the most 'fun'

Cornwall - Definately a contender for a 'break'

True, but you can give everyone the option the following weekend! :)

Not if people cant make the following weekend...hence the vote :) Besides...unless a date is set, you can go on forever trying to decide...." you can please some of the people some of the time" .... etc etc etc

TBH I've caught this thread pretty late. I was just curious about the timing of it becuase of the other events I mentioned. Sounds like a cool trip tho, I did something similar a year or two back with my m8s S2000 club driving around south wales, it was really good fun, you'll enjoy yourselves :)

I dont want to put your plans all out of joint as I have no concrete desire to join ya, plus im busy that weekend anyway, no biggie :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, how does everyone feel about this being a 3 or 4 day jobbie? I was thinking:

Fri- drive up there, pitch tents etc

Fri pm - meal/pub

sat - go look at some cool scotland stuff (not a lot of point in going all that waw if we don't see some of the place, right? in convoy, of course)

sat pm - BBQ

sun- show thing then poss drive back OR

Mon- drive back

Hows everyone fixed? Just feel that the 7 hour drive that it'll be for some of us (in fact more for some!) is a lot to do if we go up sat and come back sun or there abouts?