Nurburgring Trip 2008! 24th-> 29th July

SteveR

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have been looking at a few possible non-Ring drives, for those wanting to do something else or when the track is closed for the day and we're waiting until evening:

The first one is a route from Koblenz down the Mosel Valley to Trier, then up the Lux/Ger border and cross the River Our to Bitburg then back to Nurburg. Drive time approx 5h30mins

Second is a trip over to see Spa in Belgium (could do this on way home?) its about 1h45 mins from Nurburg

Third is a drive down to Mulhouse which is the French Motor Museum, approx 4 hours: http://www.collection-schlumpf.com/en/schlumpf/

Could also go through the Black Forest on this one, but would make it further

Mosel Valley Trier Bitburger.JPG

Spa.JPG

Mulhouse car museum.JPG

We went route 2 on the way there last year, it's quite a drag but then we didnt' peel off to look at Spa. Always an option! :)

The others sound nice too, but personally I don't think I'll venture quite that far from the track. I wouldn't mind a non-Ring half day, possibly at the weekend but we do have to find something to do on the Monday ('till it opens again at ~5pm :sly:).

ALL: I'll send out a final PM tonight/tomorrow with meeting up-details, last preparation checklist type stuff, etc. :cool:

Don't forget your Walkie Talkies, they are an absolute godsend from my PoV during the convoy. :thumbs:

We went route 2 on the way there last year, it's quite a drag but then we didnt' peel off to look at Spa. Always an option! :)

The others sound nice too, but personally I don't think I'll venture quite that far from the track. I wouldn't mind a non-Ring half day, possibly at the weekend but we do have to find something to do on the Monday ('till it opens again at ~5pm :sly:).

ALL: I'll send out a final PM tonight/tomorrow with meeting up-details, last preparation checklist type stuff, etc. :cool:

Don't forget your Walkie Talkies, they are an absolute godsend from my PoV during the convoy. :thumbs:

I may do route 1 with my Brother one of the days - never been to that part of Europe before, agree Mulhouse is a bit far

Got my Walkie Talkies from Argos this morning :)

You got Eurpoean Tom Tom maps?

You got Eurpoean Tom Tom maps?

Yup, on my phone - same setup I took last year. Plan to go the least 'fussy' route there so we maximise the few potential rest hours between arriving at the B&B and then the track opening later in the evening for those that fancy it. ;)

Yup, on my phone - same setup I took last year. Plan to go the least 'fussy' route there so we maximise the few potential rest hours between arriving at the B&B and then the track opening later in the evening for those that fancy it. ;)

Which version? I've got a Navigo satnav (which runs Win CE). Not sure if I can just buy Navigator 6 Western European maps off TomTom website (£39.99) and install them. Hve tried TomTom 6 Uk maps and they work

Which version? I've got a Navigo satnav (which runs Win CE). Not sure if I can just buy Navigator 6 Western European maps off TomTom website (£39.99) and install them. Hve tried TomTom 6 Uk maps and they work

I've got TomTom on my phone, which runs Windows . It's a few years old but nowt wrong with it - I still haven't switched my 'upgrade' phone on yet, and I've had it 9 months, lol. If you want to test :taped: TomTom it on your phone let me know mate. ;)

Hope you guys have a good trip :)

If you are looking to go sightseeing then try Cochem or Koblenz.... these are both scenic towns not too far from the track. Both also have nice interesting 'A' roads for a picturesque drive.

Or if you are looking for some Autobahn high speed stuff, then a day trip to Luxemburg is always a good choice. (Cheaper fuel to fill up on the return journey to the track).

Or for some fun then there is a Rodelbahn not far from the track..... head out through Adenau and stay on the same road for about 15-20 mins..... it is on the left hand side.

:) :) :) :)

Thanks Aron :)

BTW do you happen to know where the nearest V-Power to the track can be found, I know there is a database of Shell stations I can search online but haven't got round to it yet. Bignum & another chap on the trip are keen to use that if at all possible. I'll stick with normal SUL. ;)

Guest Rolly

If I got the time for it. I will visit you at the Nürburgring. Is only 2 hours drive for me. I am planning to go on the 27th.

I think the nearest V-Power is in Koblenz - nice 20 minute drive.

However, there is a blue-painted petrol station in Adenau (it's where the second ring-entrance is) with 99Ron (here), and of course there is 97 Ron available just down the road from the main ring entrance (here).

Edited by Ark (see edit history)

If I got the time for it. I will visit you at the Nürburgring. Is only 2 hours drive for me. I am planning to go on the 27th.

We'll be there - I'll PM you my mobile number so we're easy to find. :)

I think the nearest V-Power is in Koblenz - nice 20 minute drive.

However, there is a blue-painted petrol station in Adenau (it's where the second ring-entrance is) with 99Ron (here), and of course there is 97 Ron available just down the road from the main ring entrance (here).

Hmmm I've used that station and dont' remember it having anything special, maybe 99RON isn't on all the pumps - I'll be sure to check this time.

Can't wait now, it's so close. :)

Guest Rolly
We'll be there - I'll PM you my mobile number so we're easy to find. :)

Thanks man. Then I can show you one of the best restaurants in the area called "Christa's Kleeblatt".

Anywhere in the area to get new tyres if needed?

I would be astounded if there wasn't, apart from all the main dealers that live near the 'Ring (kudos I guess) there are no end of other garages etc. Plus that area has a fairly decent population number dotted about in all the villages & larger towns, they gotta get tyres somewhere. This is the sort of stuff I'd ask our hosts about TBH, I'm sure they would help. :)

True Torque Engineering is a very good place, only a few minutes from the track.

We had dinner with Marc Ludemann and his wife on one of my visits, very nice people who are very enthusiastic about sportscars.

They have worked on many Supras in the past, along with other japanese cars.

http://www.tte-racing.de/

If you are looking for tyres I am sure these guys can source and fit them.

Anywhere in the area to get new tyres if needed?

Amazingly, despite there being literally dozens of garages near the ring, I don't think there is a tyre-shop. First time I went there, one guy ripped a hole in his side-wall (not on the ring, it was just his lame-ass driving in the car park :rolleyes: ) He spent the next day touring the local garages for a replacement but wound up driving home on someone elses track tyres.