The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring Trip 2008! 24th-> 29th July

SteveR

Every time It looks like I might be able to escape the clutches of this house build I end up having to sort out another mess.

my most recent disaster included the bricklayers overloading the 1st floor joist hangers with bricks, resulting in the floor collapsing. Luckily nobody was hurt that badly but this has put the project back by a couple more weeks.

Doh! :(

I'l keep fingers crossed! :)

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another thought... I was thinking of taking a trip out one day driving down to Trier and up the Mosel Valley to Koblenz. Anyone else thinking of taking a day off the Ring to see a bit of Germany?

If you guys are even pondering it, I'd highly recommend a drive down the Mosel. Cochem is my favorite town on the river and has a great castle that was rebuilt to be inhabitable and now does tours. There's a great road behind it and further down the river is Trabben-Trabbach, another great town (two actually). If you need any info, let me know.

Steve, it's about 30-40 minutes down to the Mosel and then you can drive up to an hour and a half each way up and down the Mosel if you want. I wouldn't advise trying to go all the way to Trier though.

Not too far then. Cool, thanks Mike. It's a shame you & Carly won't be there this year, it won't quite be the same. :(

Plus Si and I now have single turbo beasts of doom; you're missing out big time! :p

I know it brova (Carly's downstairs watching that $#@!e now). REally mate, wish I could be there, but duty calls. If you bust into the 8s, you'd better ring me. Pun intended.

I'm aiming for ~8:30ish. Not that I time, ever. :taped: I reckon Si will get that without too much trouble, I might not yet have the experience (or the balls! :D). If I don't get round in 9:00 there is something wrong with me! ;)

concur. I just finished puting in my Teins. The fronts were a right b!tch. Just need to get the rest of the rear end sorted, new tires, a geo, and then the car is driveable again.

I had the geo done on mine (inc corner weighting - a mustIMHO after having it done) and it transformed the car. I can send you my settings if you want them, for info/use?

You were going to fit that suspension 2 years ago! :p

I had the geo done on mine (inc corner weighting - a mustIMHO after having it done) and it transformed the car. I can send you my settings if you want them, for info/use?

Who did the geo Steve ?

Who did the geo Steve ?

Centre Gravity near Tamworth - I went on the back of this recommendation/write up. :)

Before, I would easily get wheelspin in 5th on a dry straight road without even reaching WOT, now I can boot it in 2nd even in light rain and usually not break traction. The car is SO grippy and I didn't go mental on the settings so tyre wear won't be far off stock. :)

mine's still stock.. woo :p

It's shame you can't join us mike. Vegas is good times though.

Only 2 weeks to go!

Gavin & Naomi might like a passenger run in your Supe at smoe point over the trip if you don't mind Darren, don't tell anyone but Gavin is thinking about getting one. :)

Up until Friday my car was ready to go...

It had an MOT, passed, but with an advisory on front brake balance for which they suggested new disks & pads (they had plenty left for Ring trip).

Anyway, new disks (Brembo) and Pads (Ferodo DS2500) bought, and SteverR came round last night for a fitting session.

Came to get the car out (had been in there for 4 days) and battery completely dead. Not just flat, but 0.05 volts dead. It did this before a couple of years ago.

:(

Anyway, need new battery and to get the charging system checked as well as getting the disks and pads fitted and properly bedded it.

Probably still less work than Steve has to do...

mine's still stock.. woo :p

It's shame you can't join us mike. Vegas is good times though.

Only 2 weeks to go!

Wish I could be there D, but work comes first man. Yes, you're right, Vegas is good times, unless you're working your butt off and flying all the time. Keep your supra stock, you'll have a blast on the track. Just don't push beyond your or the car's limits.

You were going to fit that suspension 2 years ago!

Actually that was just the rear lower control arms mate. I since found out that the springs/struts were worn (one in particular actually), so I chose to upgrade. Besides, you know how life can get busy sometimes. With my flying and traveling schedule sometimes it difficult to get a whole day or two to work on the car.

Centre Gravity near Tamworth - I went on the back of this recommendation/write up. :)

Before, I would easily get wheelspin in 5th on a dry straight road without even reaching WOT, now I can boot it in 2nd even in light rain and usually not break traction. The car is SO grippy and I didn't go mental on the settings so tyre wear won't be far off stock. :)

Thanks Steve, think i'll be giving them a call when i put my new front tyres on, looks like a proper job:)

Thanks Steve, think i'll be giving them a call when i put my new front tyres on, looks like a proper job:)

Chris is spot on, but be warned that the price has gone up a fair whack (50%!) if you want the job lot done. I can't recommend it enough though, my car was dangerus before, now it's compliant, fun and confidence inspiring yet will still understeer at the limit s you know when yuo've got there (plus the P Zero Rossos I've got on the front squeel when they get near the limit).

I can post up my geo settings if anyone is interested.

Steve, call him up and ask him if he can bring his kit down to NW Germany. All the beer he can drink and American BBQ he can eat plus his fee and a free place to stay.

Edit - Hit me with your Geo specs. I'm doing one really soon.

Replied on the other thread ;)

I'll scan them in tomorrow at work bud :thumbs: Did you still need that change the fuel pump vid I had; if so what's your email address dude? :)

Chris is spot on, but be warned that the price has gone up a fair whack (50%!) if you want the job lot done. I can't recommend it enough though, my car was dangerus before, now it's compliant, fun and confidence inspiring yet will still understeer at the limit s you know when yuo've got there (plus the P Zero Rossos I've got on the front squeel when they get near the limit).

I can post up my geo settings if anyone is interested.

Interested :)

I'll call them and hopefully mine wont be too expensive as im not on coilovers, just camber, castor and toe to be checked and adjusted.