The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 08 if you think your going read this

2JZ-GTE-IS200

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?showtopic=719&st=0

UPDATED 31/01/2008

We have now found JAE's new permanent home and confirmed the venue and dates for the next 3 years.

JAE's new permanent home for 2008 and beyond will be at Mersea Island which just outside Colchester

29-31 August.

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?showtopic=732&st=0

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last few years Claire an I have been running JAE and in that time we have seen it grow whilst still retain the spirit and of what the event is all about. Throughout the years the event has become a bigger and bigger thing to manage and I for one have never taken a penny in profit from the event. Similarly Claire has only ever taken money to cover her costs in all that time. Yes it is a big event and yes there are a lot of people, but this kind of thing costs a lot of money to put on.

After being backed into a corner last year by the showground we decided to look at how we could keep the event alive and make it even better. As a result of some discussions a company came forward to take the show over and run it professionally. For months we have been in discussions with them and recently they have stopped returning our calls despite giving us a verbal assurance and a handshake on taking over the event. Now it seems they may not have been honest to their word, which saddens me greatly and Claire too. To further add to the pain one company is even promoting the fact that JAE is no longer!!!!!

As it is today both Claire and I feel very let down and, to make matters worse, the venue have now decided they don't want the event to continue. Right now I am trying to find a new venue and am looking for people to really take on the spirit of JAE and make it the people's event that it always has been and always will be.

If you have any ideas or can help - in ANY way - then I would love to hear from you. I can't speak for Claire but the wind is completely blown from my sails right now. JAE will continue and I personally will work to make sure it happens in 2008.

If you can help or want to offer your support please let me know.

Thank you and most sincerest of apologies for not keeping everyone up to speed with progress.

Thank you

John

and...

I can only reiterate what John has said in his post. I am totally gutted and feel that I've let people down by one my lack of communications about this current situation that we find outselves in. For the doubters who have listened to rumors as to reasons JAE isn't on...well if I may I would like to put some things straight. Neither John nor I have made a profit on JAE. We have both remortgaged our homes in order to bring JAE to Peterborough in 2006 & 2007.

I'm stepping down from organising JAE because last year my daughter was diagnosed with a rare disease and we raised money last year for the Royal Marsden Hospital, childrens unit for toys which was a great success and I thank everyone whom took part from the bottom of our hearts. John has taken JAE on by the horns now and I will always be supportive of this event, sadly though my personal circumstances says that I can not continue as an organiser which saddens me and haven't been able to put into words what has happened in the last few months.

JAE 2008 WILL happen and your continuing support and JAE spirit will continue for ever!

Thank you

Claire

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?showtopic=722&hl=

Thanks Michael.

I'll try and get hold of John tomorrow and do what I can to help.

Gaz... I dont know if it will help for the venue but there is a large Showground at Stoneleigh nr Coventry ( the national Agricultural centre ) if you like to mention it to John tomorrow

Cheers

-Ian-

Gaz... I dont know if it will help for the venue but there is a large Showground at Stoneleigh nr Coventry ( the national Agricultural centre ) if you like to mention it to John tomorrow

Cheers

-Ian-

Not forgetting Three Counties show Ground in worcesetershire its is huge and hosted a fair few car shows

I wonder if it would fit on something like the Herts Showground near Hemel?

If JAE doesnt come off then I think we should try to arrange an event back at Billing for Supras as a nice weekend away.

Shame to see JAE die though.

JB

This would be good, Billing is a great place to camp and has good facilities, also very central so no excuses :D

• 3 weeks later...

The southern people only consider southern things to be central, they don't recognise that places like Scotland exist :)

There aren't really the facilities for camping at Elvington though, they would have to bring in water, toilets, showers etc.

Billing FTW or just cancel it this year and go to Rising Sun or one of the many other smaller shows instead.