The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Burna's UK Spec Restoration

Burna

Looking good mate

No doubt the forum will be seeing a lot more threads like this then big engine builds now

I think we will, I've been checking out underneath Supra's for the past couple of years to compare them with how mine looked, and I can tell you there's a lot of cars out there that need doing!

Great stuff bud I saw it up on the ramp at Tim's and a job very well done :)

Thanks mate, Tim really went to town on it :thumbs:

At long last, the thread appears :D

That is an amazing job, nice to see this level of care/restoration taking place especially on a rare UK spec. The piece of mind this brings you knowing it has been done properly must be well worth it.

Haha I know, time to get it all written up was against me lately, but at least now I can keep a record of what has and will be done. I'm glad I decided with Tim to go all out and do it right first go, otherwise it wouldn't have lasted the length of time I want to keep hold of the car. Also it's only put value on the car, so can't lose really.

Looks awesome and well worth doing! Think I'll be on the phone to Tim myself soon :)

Definitely worth giving him a call to have a chat about what you want doing mate :)

Loving the attention to detail Burna!

Thanks old friend :) You know I couldn't let a UK spec just die!

Hi all.

I am currently refurbishing the rear end of my blk uk tt6 too (I have already done the sills and the front of the rear arches)

Its very dirty work as I return any visible areas of corrosion back to bare metal fortunately I have found only surface rust that looked much worse the problem is time!

I have removed the rear sub frame, tank, rear suspension and all fuel and brake lines. I am replacing all fuel and brake lines, new tank guard, hand brake cables, rear bumper bar (powder coated too) I cannot make my mind up to either fit a fully poly bushed and powder coated sub frame or I have or a mint one off a fresh import with excellent arms etc. I then have some extremely good oem Toyota Bildsteins with perfect oem springs the big case diff is getting rebuilt too as its whining. I have had my HKS Super Drager cat back and the heat shields shot blasted (exhaust then had several coats of silver VHT) the heat sheilds were not that bad and painted in hammerite smooth finish silver after shot blasting they look very good! I also have new rear UK brake dust shields nearly new rear calipers (new fronts already fitted).

I am aiming for a fresh import looking UK tt6 not mint in my eyes but excellent!

People will say put a build thread up but I keep forgetting to take pics!

Then a full paint with glass out but this may be possibly next year now.

A good friend of mine said over 20 years ago buy a car from underneath he was so right!

Thanks

Mark

• 4 months later...
Just wondering if you plan on tackling your rear frame next while the bushes and arms are still available?

I would be nice, but to be honest my shifter project is taking up all my attention, time, and spare monies at the moment, as I'm currently getting the PCB designed ready for boards to be produced, and none of that comes cheap! Also along side that I'm developing a push button version as an alternate offering to the rotary version. Once all that's done then I can start selling them and get back on other projects. I do have my eye on a full set of brand new arms etc... that a mate has sitting in a big box ;)

Looking good Burna! Great attention to detail :)

Thanks mate, but Tim is to thank for the quality of work.

Excellent work, very inspiring. If a Halfords tool box works for you with all that dedication then that’s good enough for me ��

Hahaha I didn't lift a single spanner mate, that's what I paid Tim for, I just handed over A LOT of cash lol

Roughly how much was it? I'm trying to make myself feel better about doing it myself.

I'd have to dig out the bill, but I think it was around £4.5K but that's with some extras like Tims decats, and development work on the shifter bracket etc...

Big part of the cost were the parts, nothing was re-used, everything was new from Toyota.

I would be nice, but to be honest my shifter project is taking up all my attention, time, and spare monies at the moment, as I'm currently getting the PCB designed ready for boards to be produced, and none of that comes cheap! Also along side that I'm developing a push button version as an alternate offering to the rotary version. Once all that's done then I can start selling them and get back on other projects. I do have my eye on a full set of brand new arms etc... that a mate has sitting in a big box ;)

Thanks mate, but Tim is to thank for the quality of work.

I know your mate :D