The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greetings from California!

Guest Patrick94TT

Guest Patrick94TT

Wow everyone, thank you all so much for the warm welcome so far. It means a lot to see all the kind things written about the car. It's been an emotional rollercoaster during this build. So much went wrong, the build snowballed out of control, and the finished product is something I never thought I'd end up with. I pick it up two weeks from today and the feeling is totally surreal.

Welcome

I'm going to the tt next year in the supra so feel free to give me a shout

You could maybe join us on the dragonball trip over to France

Usually some spare seats going

I'm so glad I joined this forum!! Dude we HAVE to meet up on the Isle of Man. Have you been to a TT before? I'd like to maybe get a PM conversation going with you regarding your experience at the TT because this will be my first and details like ferry availability, lodging/camping on the island, etc. are still a little confusing to me. It seems relatively easy to just get there on the ferry and camp out for a couple weeks which is my kinda thing but let me know your experience or what you plan to do. I have never heard of the Dragonball but give me some details on that too please because we will be going to France, just don't know exactly the timeframe.

That sounds amazing mate that's definitely on my list of places to visit once im sorted Supra wise :) are there many Supra's on the road round your area?

Around my particular area, Palm Springs, no. We have three owners and a couple older seasonal gentlemen who come from Canada/Washington during the winters but as far as Supras on the road, there's my friend Len's 93 Baltic Blue 6spd, a 97 RSP TT auto owned by an older guy named Jack, and also a guy Alonso with a NA 5spd. In southern California there are a few and we keep in really close contact. The community is tight over in the States just like it is on here.

Welcome to the club Patrick, awesome Supra you have there. I love the stock look with fat rubber underneath :)

Haha thanks man! Hopefully they stick!

EDIT: Oh my god, just saw your HKS twins car. Beautiful!!!! :yes:

Lovely car.. I love a red supra. Can I ask what intake manifold that is?

It's one of the first generation Powerhouse Racing manifolds. They built bigger plenums, relocated all the vacuum sources to the rear of the manifold to clean it up, and utilized ported stock lower runners which I had port-matched with the head by the machine shop. Thanks!

Welcome Patrick. Brill video showing the power you've got. Might bump into you when your passing through the different regions of the uk supra family. I like the colour of course. Cheers ray

Haha nice car Ray! Doesn't get much better than a stock bodied Supra IMO. And yes love the color!

The videos I've posted are all taken on random cell phones so they're not the best quality but in two weeks I'll take one with a nice camera of it being loaded off the trailer and hopefully the sound will come out a bit better. The thing is loud as shit.

Edited by Patrick94TT (see edit history)

Guest Patrick94TT
Welcome! As Coyote says, you should join us on the Dragonball. I believe it'll be Rotterdam, 15-17 May 2015. Awesome weekend, and usually spare seats going!

Oh my god....

Never heard of the Dragonball rally but after watching that I'm going to see if I can rearrange my plans! I was initially planning to fly into Dublin a couple days before the race and start from there but two weeks earlier in the Netherlands with a ton of Supras sounds like an amazing way to kick things off. Is there a thread dedicated to this rally? Thanks for the invite and warm welcome Supragal.

We have a big national event coming up in a month called Supras in Vegas where I'll be bringing my car. There are over 100 Supras signed up already. It's a 3-day event with a dyno competition, scenic drive, drag racing shootout at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and a Show and Shine car show type thing with prizes. It's one of, if not the, biggest Supra event all year and I will be sure to take plenty of pictures and share them with you all.

Not surprised you haven't heard of it, it's one of those things where if you're a member of this club you'd have to TRY not to have heard of it, but if you're not a member you'd be unlikely to know. Unless you happen to be in one of the villages or towns we convoy through :D

Not sure if there is an official thread yet, it'd pick up a bit nearer the time. There's a kinda chat thread about it here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?307967-Dragonball-2015-!!!!!&highlight=dragonball

There are lots of pics and videos from 2014... example: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?309325-Dragonball-2014-Highlights-Video&highlight=dragonball

I've heard about the Vegas event I think (although there seem to be lots of there so I might be getting confused!) sounds awesome!

(p.s. Sod Ireland, it's always raining ;) :D )

• 3 months later...
Guest Patrick94TT

Got some professional pictures taken of my car by my good buddy Daniel Gonzalez who shoots for the Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Maserati, and McLaren dealerships in southern California.

I also posted in this thread about attending the Dragonball rally next year in Rotterdam and needing help getting across the UK after that's finished to attend the Isle of Man TT race. Was hoping I could catch a ride with someone from England who would be making their way back across the North Sea and over to like Liverpool where I can catch a ferry.

Guest Patrick94TT
That is stunning! :cool:

Hope you can make Dragonball!

Thanks man! Gonna try everything I can to make it. Would love to experience how you guys do things out there.

It looks brand new..... **** :D

Thank you so much.

Beautiful, love the pics :)

Thanks man!

Very nice Supra.

Thank you!