The mkiv Supra Owners Club

600hp or 1000hp

teddan

tonight’s question. 600 or 1000?

The engine is built for 1000hk and will handle it easy. The only thing that will have to by change is the turbocharger.

But in the same time I thinking about 1000hp I also think about the laggy, it isn’t fun to spool for a day.....

My girlfriend should drive it to school and soon on without going sideways all the time.

I don't have the time to go around to dragracing strip all summer as well....

I just will drive around sometimes with the car and enjoy life.......

For the moment there are a t78 turbo in the car

What do you thinjk?600 or 1000?

I had mine at 630ish previously and it definitely was a fun road car.

But It drives just as fun now at over 1100! Actually spools a little quicker as well ;)

If your willing to put the work in getting traction then go for the 1000, otherwise stick to 600 and have no issues with normal wheels, tyres and suspension...

having just sold an 825bhp supra and moved to a 610bhp supra i can hand on heart say the 610 is LOADS more fun, more power, more low down grunt.... i'd only go massive nhp again if it were just a strcitly drag racing car - you can never use those last 3-400hp for more than 5 seconds anyway :D

Are the figures your mentioning hp at the wheels/hubs or at the fly a lot of hp figures mentioned now a days are just calculated/made up using a percentage of loss through the transmission.

A true 600hp at the wheels supra will be a great road car