The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One less White Supra around!

steb9780

I am absolutely devastated to say I crashed my car yesterday morning.

I was turning at a junction and I swerved to avoid something, and the back end hit a kerb and sent me flying the other way and onto a sort of metal fenced plant patch.

I think the car is written off, one of the posts lining the plant patch has come right through the car. The bumper is smashed the rad pierced, so I'd imagine the intercooler is knackered too. It also looked like the wheel had pushed back to, so maybe suspension and wheel damage.

I am absolutely gutted, to say the least.

My life has been really low since splitting from my girlfriend of 7 years. I am over her, but have been really lonely since. I have struggled moneywise ever since too, having a house on my own. Now this really is the final kick in the teeth.

I hope I can get another though, as I love the car to pieces and the members club. The people on here really are the best people around.

But I have always toyed with the idea of an RX-7. So I thought of maybe one of those and a diesel runaround. But financially I don't think it will be possible. :(

Edited by steb9780 (see edit history)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks people, no I haven't taken any photos. I was too gutted to do anything. I was in a state of shock all day.

Just couldn't face upto doing anything. I am working tomorrow, so hopefully that might take my mind off things a bit. I can't bare to go home at the moment, being alone in the house is just what I don't need at the moment.

Really sorry to hear this Steb :(

They are assessing the car on Tuesday I think. How long do these thinks tend to take, does anybody know? If it is a write-off that is.

In my experience, not long at all. The last time I had a phone call from the assessor the same day (though that was on a BMW, not a supra). Who are you insured with?

Sorry there people had typed a post in there but I must have not hit the enter button peoperly.

The damage might not have been as bad as I think, but it won't take long for the parts to tot up on these cars, as you will all know.

I am insured through Sky Insurance, to be honest I have only heard mainly good things about them on here, so I hope everything goes smoothly.

all i can say mate is i am gutted for you. i know where your comin from with your personal life tho, i was in a very similar situation in 2006 then i wrote my pride n joy off feb 2007. i was gutted too, but just stick with it, things DO get better :)

main thing is your alright, you mentioned a part of the fence came through the side of the car, it could of been a lot worse so be thankful your not in hospital somewhere, and im sure you will replace the motor if wors comes to the worse.

Chin up bud :)

:( Feck Ste im sorry gutted for you mate :( If you need anything let me know

Cheers

-Ian-

Thanks matey, it's appreciated.

I have just had an offer of a game on call of duty from H. He even said I can kill him for free. One of my biggest smiles of the day, along with my mate asking if I want to come for a bus pass with him.......lol :D

Thanks matey, it's appreciated.

I have just had an offer of a game on call of duty from H. He even said I can kill him for free. One of my biggest smiles of the day, along with my mate asking if I want to come for a bus pass with him.......lol :D

Sorry to hear this mate!!:(

Although look on the bright side, if we are one white Supra down in the NW, then it makes mine worth keeping........;)

Hope you get things sorted Ste, I will be on COD in a wee while.

H.

Sorry to hear this mate!!:(

Although look on the bright side, if we are one white Supra down in the NW, then it makes mine worth keeping........;)

Hope you get things sorted Ste, I will be on COD in a wee while.

H.

Thanks that makes me want to get it repaired even more :D

Yeah I might be on in a bit mate, might just watch a film yet. I have got work in the morning, can't bare to go in :rolleyes: