The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One less White Supra around!

steb9780

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of an update. I rang the assessor of the car before.

He said it might be saveable. He wanted to knowa few things about the kit etc. after I'd got over the insult of him asking me if it was a veilside front ;) I told him top secret front, oem skirts and spats etc. He said I need 2 new wheels as they have both been damaged. But he said the bar that has gone right through has gone through pretty cleanly.

I ain't getting my hopes up as the spraying etc. will cost a bit I'd imagine. He said if it starts to get towards the £4k mark, it will be approaching a write-off.

I should know by tomorrow he said.

He said it might be saveable. He wanted to knowa few things about the kit etc. after I'd got over the insult of him asking me if it was a veilside front ;) I told him top secret front, oem skirts and spats etc. He said I need 2 new wheels as they have both been damaged. But he said the bar that has gone right through has gone through pretty cleanly.

I ain't getting my hopes up as the spraying etc. will cost a bit I'd imagine. He said if it starts to get towards the £4k mark, it will be approaching a write-off.

Well fingers crossed for you matey :) After my accident last year (not my fault and not in soop) I really hope they repair it as I got badly stung by the bloody insurance company!!!

Hope it gets sorted soon matey :)

How did you get stung mate?

Not saying its going to happen to matey. But basically they under valued the car (it was a 4 years old) and with Direct Line. I then appealed giving example off cars that were 1500-2000 more than they had offered, they said nope as it was down to the asseser. I spoke the asseser (would was independent but was paid by direct line :blink:). This went on for a couple of months until one day I got a threating letter saying that if I did not accept then they would write off the claim and I would get nothing :blink: I took legal advice at that point but they said that their was little or nothing I could do other than take them to court and I may not win and then get stung for a bill and get no money for the car!

Like I said I really hope nothing like the above happens to you!

He said it might be saveable. He wanted to knowa few things about the kit etc. after I'd got over the ego boost of him asking me if it was a veilside front ;) I told him it was one of those inferior top secret fronts with oem skirts and spats etc. He said I need 2 new wheels as they have both been damaged and some quality Veilside styling. But he said the bar that has gone right through has gone through pretty cleanly.

Edited for you:d

Hope you recieve some good news though, crossed fingers for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I learned the other day the car is a total loss.

Got my sister to take some pictures on her camera phone while we were there today (collecting possessions etc.), they're not the best but you get the idea of the damage. Also got two from the scene. You can clearly see the bar that went right through the car :(

It went right through and you can see where it came through the passenger rear arch in the photos :blink:

The bloke said that they had the repairs at around £11k. He couldn't believe that a carpet was £550.

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

DSC00031.JPG

DSC00034.JPG

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00037.JPG

DSC00038.JPG

DSC00045.JPG

DSC00047.JPG

DSC00049.JPG

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00052.JPG

DSC00054.JPG

DSC00055.JPG

DSC00057.JPG

DSC00061.JPG

Photo0175.jpg

Photo0176.jpg

:yeahthat: Ste, yours was a manual, might be worth it to break and sell the bits separately.

Mike

Already sorted mate. The car is being moved from the bodyshop tomorrow to storage, then they are discussing value etc. this week where I will have the option to buy back the salvage. I am led to believe the salvage will cost me a whopping £420. Just for info. it was a class B write-off

Not sure how you managed to leave the passenger door unscathed when the bar clearly enters the front of the car then exits the rear passenger arch?!

Sorry to see her in that state though dude :( Glad you're ok though.

It went right through the cockpit, it even severed the seatbelt where it is bolted to the floor :(

A cat B write-off cannot be put back on the road. It usually means that there is irrepairable damage to the chassie. i had that with my bike. Will only sell as parts now.

You sure you were only turning out of a junction?!!! That is one hell of a knock!!!