The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£1.13 this is taking the pee now

NeoFuture

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are surposed to pay you 42ppm

Not if they own the car mate!! I only pay tax on the car and have opted out of the expensed fuel this year......:rolleyes:

I am still better off as I don't drive the car that much privately and the £60 saving a month on tax easily covers what I would spend on private mileage!

I would just like somebody to explain why all the prices have gone up!!

H.

I was toying with the idea of catching the bus to work, recording the shambles that ensues and writing an article for the paper, uploading vid to YouTube etc. Just to prove the point that public transport is pathetic and we're left with no alternative but to use our cars.

Something to try and raise some more understanding of how crap the alternatives are.

Surely we could raise some kind of go slow Supra meet that would get some media attention?

Surely we could raise some kind of go slow Supra meet that would get some media attention?

What a great idea!! I'd be up for that. I was going to go to the last protests but a huge sense of apathy overwhelmed me!!:D

Now I have my own car and I'm paying for my own fuel I don't mind a bit of anarchy!!;)

H.

What a great idea!! I'd be up for that. I was going to go to the last protests but a huge sense of apathy overwhelmed me!!:D

Now I have my own car and I'm paying for my own fuel I don't mind a bit of anarchy!!;)

H.

Right, that's two lanes of the motorway blocked!

I'm quite serious. It's getting f'kins stupid now.

Is a protest from owners of gas-guzzlers a bit daft?

If it was 'normal' cars then the media would see it as 'mr. average takes a stand'. From sports car owners I think we'd fail to get the required sympathy.

It's not as if we have to drive these cars.

If it was 'normal' cars then the media would see it as 'mr. average takes a stand'. From sports car owners I think we'd fail to get the required sympathy.

Good point Martin!! I just want to cause some havoc tbh!!:innocent:

I thought of that. The other side of this is that we're all club members. We love our cars. We love the lifestyle. This isn't a green issue.

We've always accepted that we have to pay a bit more for fuel, but these latest increases are threatening all that.

As for sympathy, I think every drive on the road will have sympathy as we're all in the same boat.

What's the justification from the government again? Something to do with the war still or is it every little spat they have with the Middle East causes profit seeking? What was the boundary between protesting and terrorism too? Didn't someone on here say that blocking refineries etc is now considered an act of terrorism :rolleyes:

It'll also get 50 cars impounded.

Hmmm.. I don't really mind buying a shitter for cash. We could do like a Top Gear special. No need to put it in your name especially? Not sure how that works on insurance though.

You have 100 pounds to buy a legal car, drive it down to London and leave outside the PMs house.

If you want to get noticed we need about 50 cars, arrange it in private and drive direct to Downing Street without announcement, park up and then all walk off.

That'll make the news without fail.

do you trust them with your car? cause they would lift it and charge you lots of cash to get it back - its a parking attendants dream come true.

also a convoy of supes would only make it a few miles before someone needs more petrol!!