The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forced Sale

Markie

Never thought I would have to do this, but something has come up and needs to be sorted :(

I wish there was another way of doing things, but it looks like I have to sell the Supra :(

Not really sure on how much to market her for, so any interest/advice on price would be very helpful indeed.

She is a 98 TT VVT-i Manual. Pictures you can find on the link in my sig. She has done 49500 miles.

Thanks,

Marcus.

With the stereo in her aswell, I guess I am looking at around 18K then..

It has a Kenwood 7" LCD touch screen head unit which also plays DVD's and is also linked up to a music keg - 20GB storage of MP3's and ability to take add-on's such as TV tuner etc..

Side indicators done when I had it. I guess the former owner liked them in the wings. Plus, its not a stock nose.

Hw much did you get for yours Alex? That would be a good indication of that to expect?

No I wouldn't use mine as an indicator. But 13.5k...

This IS worth more. Cause it's stock. I'm glad Markie hasn't fitted the T71 he's been looking at...as I think this would have narrowed his market significantly. As demonstrated by me :)

The Kind of mods I was referring to were basic ones like

Alloys, Subtle bodykit, interior upgrade, audio, guages, brakes, etc....

something that is to most peoples taste and hence justifies the premium that a face-lift later BLACK MANUAL supra would demand anyway.

If it were a Big single turbo, then justifying that price would be slightly more difficult as it might not be to everyones taste, plus it might be pushing serious power like 500hp for example which might not be what most people want to get involved with.

shame about those sidies, that one of the huge advantages of the facelift!! But it's still stunning and if I was in the market that would be on my shortlist!

Sidies??? Are you talking about the indicators?

You'll sell this in no time m8 and will no doubt get good money for it.

Guys and gals, not sure if I have jumped the gun on this one... Misses does not want me to sell the Supra at all... But I am in the process of buyng my parents house off them and owning my own home aswell, money has got tight as we heard today there could be a problem with the new mortgage :(

Anyways, we have come up with another idea and will see in the next week or two whether the mortage company is fine with the new details, if so I can keep the Supra, and have some spare cash to add bits :) but if its not, I will be back to where I was this morning and be faced with the high chance of having to sell it :(

I have my fingers crossed. Misses has her fingers and toes crossed also hoping I dont have to sell..

Time will tell.. Thanks for all the support. And I hope things go my way next week and we get the go ahead and cash from the mortage.

His missus wants him to keep the car and you're telling him to get rid of her!!!! She's a keeper!!!

I'm in the same situation; looking to get a mortgage and may need to sell the Supe, but the lady keeps telling me I'm not allowed to sell it!! Anyone would think she's just with me for my car! :shrug:

Guest Flat4_ire
I would not let this go for that price...

Stick with 20 mate... I know what you paid Gripweed for her! :zen:

20k?? are ya windin me up or what?

Thanks again for the support guys... Much appreciated..

Shovels boy, thought you had left us :)

My last post did say its up in the air now at the moment until I hear back some news on mortgages and money.. Still a chance I may be able to keep her.. I sooooo hope this is so!!! Will see you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.