The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forced Sale

Markie

Guest Flat4_ire
No they weren't! :nyah:

Sept 97 :)

he aint gonna get 20k for it and we all know! nowhere near it unless he very lucky, didnt alex get something like 13.5k for his mind lovely well sorted 98 tt manual!?!!

he aint gonna get 20k for it and we all know! nowhere near it unless he very lucky, didnt alex get something like 13.5k for his mind lovely well sorted 98 tt manual!?!!

Driving prices down is not going to get you anywhere on this board.. Ive NEVER heard of a 98 VVTI Manual go for £13.5 k especially a modified one like this!

Ive heard of facelift autos 96-97 going for that sort of price most of them tiptronic or autos.. People like you are KILLING the resale on all of our cars with all the incorrcect information! Get with it:complain:

If you want to prove your point go and find one DECENT VVTI 98 + with low mileage and a manual box for £13,000.. You wont find ONE especially one that is the quality of Markie's car.

Mate to be honest unless your going to buy Markies car flat out or get close to his asking price whats the point in posting this sort of crap in some ones 'FOR SALE' post? It just screws up Markie's sale?

Stick with your Flat 4's as per your Username you might get more for your £13 K then.

Thought Alex did get £13.5k his for his 98VVTi 6 Speed T61, but as he was saying a lot of people might not have wanted the single on it (for some reason, i would of had it :D)

Edit: But yeah this car shouldn't go for less than £18k

Single turbo increases insurance etc etc..

I think his car had quite a high mileage as well ? I might be misaken. But he did sell it for TO LITTLE you should not judge the rest of our cars going for that sort of price :thumbs:

Aye just makin sure i wasn't going crazy and it did go for a very low price. Yeah agreed, the VVTIs still get a high price, hence the edit to the original post to make sure no one thought i was saying they weren't worth it etc :thumbs:

Yeah, Alex's car had about 80000 miles on it and some HPI issues, iirc.

I think this thread to should be pruned by a Mod to remove Mr O'Chavs helpful comments. Or just delete all his posts?

"ya know!!!"

But remember he bought it for 11k originally and reletively standard... but as Markies is in black, it makes all the difference :D

Yeah, Alex's car had about 80000 miles on it and some HPI issues, iirc.

I think this thread to should be pruned by a Mod to remove Mr O'Chavs helpful comments. Or just delete all his posts?

"ya know!!!"

79000 and NO HPI issue's!!

Bought for 11.2k in 2004. RSP VVTi Manual

Sold with T61 and the trimmings for 13.5k 8,000miles and 13months after I'd bought it.

Lost £6k at least.

Markie if you want me to prune this back please pm me. I think we should start a thread on "how much are VVTI's worth" :D

VVTI's are worth as much as the buyer wants to pay.

Simple demand and supply ... and there are quite a few for sale at the moment, given the rarity of them in the UK.

Trying to keep the prices higher than people want to pay just means that none will sell (in the timescales that the sellers want).

I paid £15k for my VVTI back in August last year, but I doubt I could fetch more than £12-3 for it now ... but then ITS NOT FOR SALE :ecstatic:

If you are planning on selling a rare car then you have to expect to wait a while for a good buyer and at this time of year there ain't many of them around for sure. Either that, or drop the price to attract people in ... and push down all the prices as already stated in this thread.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.