The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Idiots in general

Gaz6002

OK, so I want to know why people are so dumb.

Example:

I want to buy something. Let's use a newspaper as an example.

I pick up the paper, go to the checkout, hand paper over to cashier. She swipes the product under the barcode, then says "90p".

Now.

At this point I expect to hand over my money and pay for the item.

But noooo.

She makes no attempt to take my cash once she's asked for it, but continues on with her routine of bagging the paper (I don't need a bag!) and then gives me the bag before taking my money.

Why couldn't she just take the money when she asked for it, or wait and ask for it when she was ready for it?

I know it's a trivial, pointless matter but it wastes my time. I don't like that. I also don't like standing there like an idiot holding money while people procrastonate by adding pointless events to my day.

It seems to happen to me all the time, and each time I find it a little more annoying. I think next time I'll just throw a pound coin at her forehead as hard as I can.

Post your stories about people making life harder for you than it should be below.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People who fill up at the petrol station, knowing no other pumps are available. Finish, they have space to move forward so you can start filling. But noooo..they selfishly make you wait until they go and pay and come back.

Start their engine, have a chat with their partner for another 2 mins,...THEN drive off.

That really annoys me.

People who fill up at the petrol station, knowing no other pumps are available. Finish, they have space to move forward so you can start filling. But noooo..they selfishly make you wait until they go and pay and come back.

Start their engine, have a chat with their partner for another 2 mins,...THEN drive off.

That really annoys me.

Especially when its a tesco petrol station and they do their Sunday afternoon shop. Making you wait up to 5 mins!! Really annoys me.

Some petrol stations get quite upset if you move off the pump before paying...

Some petrol stations get quite upset if you move off the pump before paying...

Do they? Didn't realise that. Fair play really, you could technically be moving off to steal the petrol I suppose.

I agree on that part, but what really gets me too is people coming back into their Car then taking half an age to put their seat-belt on, check themselves in mirror, chat to someone else in the car :blink: for f**ksake just move I am in my Lunch hour lol.

Another one that bugs me is, where I fill up there is about 10 Pumps with unleaded and diesel but only one pump with V-Power and you can guarantee every fortnight when I go to fill up some old Dear is sat at the V-Power pump filling her tank with it rather then the unleaded (cheaper) Fuel she needs. GGrrrrrrr :rolleyes:

Not referring to filling station or shop till antics in particular, but it's due to idiotic people in general that I fear referenda. "Let's ask the people". Er, let's not actually. "The people" would vote for David Beckham for PM if they could.

In the media (so take it with a pinch of salt) recently there was an article about who young people thought were the greatest leaders (not necessarily PMs or monarchs, just leaders of people) in the UK's history. John Terry came in very near the top, very near (possibly beating) Henry VIII and Winston Churchill.

It's possible that people in a referendum will turn it into a popularity/celebrity contest instead of focussing on the underlying issues. Mark my words, it could end in tears.

Not referring to filling station or shop till antics in particular, but it's due to idiotic people in general that I fear referenda. "Let's ask the people". Er, let's not actually. "The people" would vote for David Beckham for PM if they could.

Or voting to keep those tw*ts in X Factor, etc. Not that I watch it or anything. I just heard about from someone I know (who's also probably an idiot, but hey ho).

In the media (so take it with a pinch of salt) recently there was an article about who young people thought were the greatest leaders (not necessarily PMs or monarchs, just leaders of people) in the UK's history. John Terry came in very near the top, very near (possibly beating) Henry VIII and Winston Churchill.

Whom? :blink:

Don't get me started!!!

People in supermarkets who queue for ages, in front of you, unload all their stuff, pack it in bags then fumble around for bloody ages looking for cash or cards! Why didn't you get it ready, like the rest of us, whilst you were stood there for 20 minutes you pond-feeder?! I'm sorry if the modern world is a paradox, wrapped up in an enigma surrounded by a puzzle you retard - we stopped swapping cattle for goods a while back now - go home, put your big slipper on and stay in your Shackleton's high seat next time!

Or those knuckle-draggers at the traffic lights who seem to be shocked when they turn from red to green! Ooh, we never expected that did we!? What now we ask - I know, let's sit here for a minute or two whilst they change back, then I can bust a blood vessel behind you whilst your brain engages first gear! Take the ruddy bus or walk if the vagueries of traffic lights are such a novelty for you - better still, stay at home watching QVC and smelling very faintly of urine!

My rant would be when you do your weekly shop and the person is putting your goods through is doing it faster than you can pack them and then tells you how much it all comes to while your still packing!?

What do they think "oh yeah he can get his wallet out now and pay for it now and carry on packing afterwards"

F8cking retards!! perhaps that's why most of them are fat bas&ards as they seem to just love to sit there and do sod all!!

and breath...............

My rant would be when you do your weekly shop and the person is putting your goods through is doing it faster than you can pack them and then tells you how much it all comes to while your still packing!?

What do they think "oh yeah he can get his wallet out now and pay for it now and carry on packing afterwards"

F8cking retards!! perhaps that's why most of them are fat bas&ards as they seem to just love to sit there and do sod all!!

and breath...............

Following on from that, I've just recently discovered the delights of using the self-service tills for the whole week's shopping.

You have no hassle from queues, as most people are too stupid to use them, and you can pack your bags in an orderly fashion so you end up with everything neatly packed before you put it all in your car boot to be strewn across the width of it, because there's nothing to keep them upright in there, but that's my stupid problem!

Spam calls at work from idiots trying to sell you stuff you don't need, like mobile phones, energy etc. It's the only time my Tourette's problem ever really rears it's ugly head. F*ck off!

One that has thankfully almost been resolved due to a loyalty card thing...

The car wash I use nearest me. It now has a card that you can charge up with credit so you can just pull up, use your card and go through. What really makes me think people need to be fed into a wood chipper is when they pull up right in front of the car wash and THEN go in to pay for a ticket rather than parking up in a space first and holding me up after I have been considerate and parked up first. Worse than paedophiles and rapists in my opinion!

The new card thing at least means you dont need to go inside but you still get these cockroaches getting out to buy tickets!

I need a vallium

...then fumble around for bloody ages looking for cash...

Oh God those people annoy me. Join the plastic-loving 21st century, please! Or catch up with the early 80's...just give it a rest with counting out the pennys to pay for a £200 weekly shop! And make sure you have enough so you don't have to go back through your shopping to put something back that you can't afford, thus kick-starting the whole process from the beginning!