The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rockingham track day - Sunday 1st March

SteveR

Please note this isn't a club only event, it's run by 'Book A Track', but hopefully a few club members will be interested.

"The 150 mph banking and anti-clockwise layout of the International track is a rare treat."
:D

Rockingham's 'International' circuit layout is just under 2 miles long, takes in 12 turns, a section of the banked oval track and is 11m wide.

http://bookatrack.com/-j?circuits/circuit_rockingham.gif

I'm booked & paid up for the open pit lane event on 1st March. (Click here for current list of participants, more info, etc)

Noise Limits: 103dB @ 0.5m, 45° from Exhaust, ¾ max RPM

Schedule:

09:00 Driver, passenger, spectator sign-on

09:30 Safety briefing

10:00 Driving begins

13:00 Lunch

14:00 Driving Resumes

17:00 End of driving

Address:

Rockingham Motor Speedway

Mitchell Road

Corby

Northamptonshire

NN17 5AF

[map]

Instruction:

Is available for just £25/slot. More info on Book a Track's website.

Who else is in? :)

Participating:

01. SteveR

02. bignum

03. little num

04. Genesis - Sierra

05. jaymdee - MR2 Turbo

06. AndyBandit - Impreza STi

07. AlexM

Probably going along to watch:

Branners

Pete

Ben-San

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys forget that my Supra needs to get me from A-B on a daily basis. It still needs new rear tyres and a brake fluid change after Llandow.

The Tiger needs working on before I do much more with that really.

it's 5~6 weeks away, crack on! :D

Hmmm... brake fluid change, that's a good idea.

If I can I want to get at least 1 camera + recorder in my car before this.

do be careful on the banking with your engine. Its a long banked section and the fluids do tend to move around a bit. The temperature guage on the last Supra I drove there used to go up alarmingly round the banking, rest of the circuit was fine. It then went on to blow its front crank oil seal later in the day when somebody else was driving it.

do be careful on the banking with your engine. Its a long banked section and the fluids do tend to move around a bit. The temperature guage on the last Supra I drove there used to go up alarmingly round the banking, rest of the circuit was fine. It then went on to blow its front crank oil seal later in the day when somebody else was driving it.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I'll also stick a little bit of extra oil in as CW recommends doing that on tracks.

Steve,

I would have thought Jonny at Book-a-track might do a deal on the price if you can get more than 10 paying people together. Might be worth a punt.

He knows the club and me so may do something to help on the price.

JB

Cheers for the heads-up John, I'll give him a shout tomorrow & mention your name. When I booked there was an early booking discount so I'm not sure if he'll be able to do anything but with the numbers we're attracting it's worth asking anyway!

Great to see members up for a bit of track action, anyone got a decent stills/video camera? :cool:

Pete, perfect excuse to get those new tyres bedded-in ;)

id come but i need to save money as i have no job and im not sure my exhaust would pass. I need it tested but dont know how/where

Book a track wil send you a noise meter to borrow for a few days and a return jiffy bag for just £9 - check their website here.

Test by holding the meter 0.5m from the exhaust, but at a 45degree angle, and get a friend to rev the car to 3/4 the redline value.

Cheers for the heads-up John, I'll give him a shout tomorrow & mention your name. When I booked there was an early booking discount so I'm not sure if he'll be able to do anything but with the numbers we're attracting it's worth asking anyway!

No discount, as we already got one but we've been given free reservations of a couple of garages. If anyone else from the club signs up he'll give us another. :thumbs: