The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS Power Supra + Wall

jacko

Thats a shame :( Was it Steve driving? It's fully caged and everything so hopefully he's not hurt.

That an engine blowout and oil on the track, looks like a lot of stuff going on under the front wheels before she goes. What did it look like?

There's a 5 or 6inch exhaust pointing out right where those flames are so that could have been a result of him lifting off. It looks to me that the rear locked or lost traction in a big way.

Guest trackday addict

I'm absolutely gutted for Steve & his team as a bloody cruel & crap way to finish off the year & not deserved one bit :(

We were laughing & joking all morning & i honestly didnt know what to say after it happened :(

The weather was awful, freezing cold & odd drop of rain & after waiting in the staging lanes for nearly 2 hours due to various cars slipping & sliding, after one of the funny cars had a major moment Mark from Abbey Motorsport came back to me in the car & said "sod this" it's not worth the risk & knocked the boost & rev limiter right back on my car as it was obvious it just wasnt worth the grief & no great times were going to be set.

After both cars went off the line i could see steve's engine go literally within about 2 secs max in front of me & knocked off my speed altogether as the last thing you want is 2 of them tangled up.

The main thing bar none is Steve is ok, after watching video footage there was not a thing in the world he could do as it went without warning.

I really hope we see him back in the thick of it all next year, the whole team should feel proud of themselves after some awesome achievements this year ie/ first jap car in the 7's etc etc.

As much as people, including myself, comment on the quality of XS Power stuff, that car was a proven beast that walked the walk, and Steve to his credit is always quite thick skinned on here. I'm glad he's OK and I hope the damage isn't too bad.

-Ian

Guest daywalker

Thanks for the comments guys ,I am all ok , the car is pretty badly damaged ,we were doing 130 + when it let go (looks like gudgeon pin failure) yes the tubo is fine thanks ..... .we are getting the chassis checked out by John webster and will be rebuilding for next year and you will be pleased to know that the plan is to go with a Mark iv shell.

I do need a set of rear lights,rear bumper and any leads on fibre glass/carbon doors and front wings would be appreciated ,

In fact any help on body parts would be great.

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments guys ,I am all ok , the car is pretty badly damaged ,we were doing 130 + when it let go (looks like gudgeon pin failure) yes the tubo is fine thanks ..... .we are getting the chassis checked out by John webster and will be rebuilding for next year and you will be pleased to know that the plan is to go with a Mark iv shell.

I do need a set of rear lights,rear bumper and any leads on fibre glass/carbon doors and front wings would be appreciated ,

Cheers.

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear it, sorry to hear about the car though. Hitting a wall at 100+ a car is never going to come off well!

Seibon make carbon wings and doors mate. I'm sure you'll be able to get them at trade, the doors retail for about £1700 and the wings £735.

Gaz.

Cheers.

Hi Steve

Nice meeting you last week at SPC. Glad you're going for the mkiv shell :) There's a chap on here (Bolarbag) selling bits and pieces and he has carbon doors for sale (Seibon jobbies). Here's a link to his for sale thread. I bought some things from him so can vouch for him:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=162013

Also, try Jezz. He has loads of spares floating around at any given moment.

Cheers

Mark

EDIT: Drat, just noticed the post above :(