The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track Day - Sat 4th October - limited spaces!

SteveR

Would you be up for this?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be up for this?

The large events where 50~100 members of this forum get to meet up are great. Sometimes we go to shows, we even have our own day at Santa Pod!

:idea: Wouldn't it be great if there were something similar, but at our 'own' track? :idea:

Well now it's a reality; if enough of you want it to be!

"A technically challenging circuit with both left and right hand bends"

LLandow is near Cardiff and can be exlusively hired out. It's nearly a mile long and has professional staff on site to manage the day, give safety briefings, provide medical cover, plenty of marshalls, etc.

Circuit Details:

Length = 1450m

Width = 9m

Noise Limitation

In consideration to the local community, we operate a self imposed noise limit of 105db absolute maximum.

Distance from:

Cardiff - 20 miles A48 /B4268

Bristol - 60 miles M4 / A48 / B4268

Birmingham - 123 miles M5 / M50 / A 4119 / M4 /A48 /B4268

London - 160 miles M4 / A48 / B 4268

No more than 10 cars are allowed out on track at any one time.

THE DEAL:

I've provisionally booked it for SATURDAY OCTOBER 4th - but this is subject to us getting enough people interested, and ultimately paid up. There are a maxiumum of 40 places up for grabs, at approx £65 each for the full day, and a nominal fee for spectators.

(Spectators / club members who'd rather just watch are more than welcome!!)

AM: 9am driver briefing. Groups of 10 in the morning, initially lead out on some controlled sighting laps to gain confidence.

-1 hour for lunch-

PM: Open pitlane; 10 cars on track max; queue up and 1-in:1-out if the track reaches the safety-imposed capactiy. Everyone would be able to explore their own abilities! 5pm close.

EVE: Party on down at a local campsite/hotel? There are plenty of accomodation options nearby for those who would be travelling a distance.

If traders wanted to come along and pimp there services/products/demo cars - all the better!

I have first dibbs on a Peter Richards valet though! :p

WHAT I NEED TO KNOW:

Would you, seriously, be up for such an event? Don't say yes then pull out; in 2 weeks I shall be making a decision to go ahead or cancel, and at that point I will require monies up front to secure the booking. Initially the event will only be open to mkivSupra.net members (especially those with Supras ;)), but if we don't get quite enough interest to fill the day, I'll potentially open it up to other club(s) to ensure it goes ahead.

What are your thoughts people? :cool:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute top job for organising this mate :thumbs:

In consideration to the local community, we operate a self imposed noise limit of 105db absolute maximum.

Hmmm, how strict is this mate ? 105db isn't too bad but anything externally wastegated will be louder.

If people want in they should be prepared to stump up 50% deposit mate, not refundable ;)

Hmmm, how strict is this mate ? 105db isn't too bad but anything externally wastegated will be louder.

If people want in they should be prepared to stump up 50% deposit mate, not refundable ;)

I'm going to need 100% I think, refundable only if someone replaces someone who drops out; it's either that or I have to artificially bump prices up to cover our backsides, but I'd rather not do that and instead keep it as open & affordable to as many people as possible. :)

Regarding the noise limit, they are a great, friendly bunch on the phone but I suspect that it if I ask they'll say "it's a limit". Does your car sound louder than 105dB? ;) 10dB is ****ing loud! lol

I'm getting my wastegate plumbed into the exhaust anyway as the 'Ring has a 95dB limit. :(

I would say yes if i can come in the Aristo ;)

Shouldn't be an issue. :)

The plan is:

IF enough interest is shown in the next 2 weeks;

step 1) Open to mkivSupra.net Supra owners initially

step 2) Open to rest of the club, say 1 week later

step 3) If we don't have 40 cars after another couple of weeks, open it up outsuide of mkivSupra.net - possibly approaching another club (e.g. MR2 owners).

Very good idea, but not for me, got the caterham for track use. Would still come and spectate though.

Id be up for it if im allowed but im not sure what car ill have.

Guys I'd love you to be there in whatever you want to drive: see step 2, above ;)

Guys I'd love you to be there in whatever you want to drive: see step 2, above ;)

Fair enough, i'll give you a definate answer on monday, as you said earlier, I don't want to say yes and then say no when you book it.

I'm going to need 100% I think

Yeah totally agree mate.

Regarding the noise limit, they are a great, friendly bunch on the phone but I suspect that it if I ask they'll say "it's a limit". Does your car sound louder than 105dB? ;) 10dB is ****ing loud! lol

Yeah might have to get mine tested, but expect it to be more than 105db. Sadly I'm one of those antisocial buggers that likes his ext. wastegate :D

Would definitely want to come though.

Great idea, but can't commit either way at the mo :(

Can i change the car/driver to my Brother's Single RX7 (not club member though) if i can't do it later on after i've paid?

Hmm...... pass. I don't really see an issue in a special case like that TBH; so long as it was a backup plan rather than your intention from day 1; obviously the idea is to let as many mkivSupra.net people take advantage of the opportunity as possible. :)

Shame its not more central.

Believe me, I looked.

The options were:

Donnington/Silverstone/Bedford - each would cost £10k+++ to hire exclusively and work out more expensive than siging up to a track day.

A sprint track right in the heart of the midlands, Curbourough - but it's a MUCH smaller time trial setup, 1 car at a time, VERY limited on-track time, the bloke never emailed/called me back and it's since been threatened with closure. Ah well.

Anyway, there is plenty of accommodation options nearby, B&Bs, hotels, campsites... so no need to think it's out of reach.

...and it's more central than JAE! :taped: ;)

True, would be a great Supra Club meet and appreciate your effort. :)

Any joy at Bruntingthorpe?

Getting off-topic but I don't think I tried them. I've considered MIRA and also Millbrook - these would cost more, and aren't really tracks as such, but I shall keep them in mind for next year. :sly: