The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track Day - Sat 4th October - limited spaces!

SteveR

Would you be up for this?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be up for this?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if you meant this, but I will enquire about if we could get any tutors there on the day, for people to pay for as optional extras.

I didn't mean that, but if a Tutor is available then I'm all for it :).

Would we require helmets etc? Insurance?

I didn't mean that, but if a Tutor is available then I'm all for it :).

Would we require helmets etc? Insurance?

I would expect so, but if that's the case hopefully they'll be loan available. I'll check this and also whether passengers are allowed or not, and any other questions people can think of - before I invite attendees. The poll is looking good so I think it'll go ahead. :cool:

I would expect so, but if that's the case hopefully they'll be loan available. I'll check this and also whether passengers are allowed or not, and any other questions people can think of - before I invite attendees. The poll is looking good so I think it'll go ahead. :cool:

To answer some, helmets a must, they have some available though.

Passengers are allowed, have to sign a disclaimer and be in briefing at start.

Insurance is optional as per usual.

Video Cameras have to be mounted, no hand held jobbies by passengers ;)

Edited by downimpact
punctuation. (see edit history)

To answer some Helmets a must, they have some available though.

Passengers are allowed have to sign a disclaimer and be in briefing at start.

Insurance is optional as per usual.

Video Cameras have to be mounted, no hand held jobbies by passengers ;)

Cool ta! :D

Have you driven it then?

Been as a passenger on two seperate occasions with different clubs, sadly my car has been off the road for ever :( as it's just down the road about 10 miles from where i live :)

Oh well; what better setting could there be for your first drive than this!? :)

Guest Tim_B
Next question: What tyres do they allow?

Whatever you want I think, never been told of any restrictions when I've been there before.

A question I reckon everyone has overlooked (or someone already asked) is there noise restriction?

MY NA is pretty loud. Absolutely love to come but don't want to pay and be refused entry on track.

Also how long would relatively new decent tyres last ? Would I be able to do a full day and have plenty of tread left (not planning on drifting or anything hardcore).

Thanks

Edited by supra_aero (see edit history)

Anyone reckon a NA catted supe can break 150dbs? Anyone ?

If not, I'm in:d

The limit is 105dB :twak:

Get a sound level meter or borrow one from somewhere - they're only £30. 105dB is pretty dammed loud though, I suspect only straight-through exhausts/external wastegates might have issues; and even then, only might.

Edited by SteveR
typos (see edit history)

105dB is pretty dammend loud though, I suspect only straight-throug exhausts/external wastegates might have issues; and even then, only might.

My mate's decatted FTO is LOUD and he managed to scrape through a 100db test at castle combe last month, so I think you'll be OK at 105db but best to get it checked first :)

Anyone reckon a NA catted supe can break 150dbs? Anyone ?

If not, I'm in:d

:shock::faint: Don't think you're 150 db mate. :D

The limit is 105dB :twak:

Get a sound level meter or borrow one from somewhere - they're only £30. 105dB is pretty dammend loud though, I suspect only straight-throug exhausts/external wastegates might have issues; and even then, only might.

:D Lol

I'm interested.

Whats the regs on the helmet please?

Have they got to be fire retardant?

Cheers

I'll check; I intend to formally open the event up to entries in the next 7 days, I'll get answers before then so everyone knows the score before they pay any money.

- any more questions I should ask the track please people?? :)