The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 Rare Green BPU TT RZ-S

razza

sold

Well as some of you probably know I’ve taken the sad decision to sell up in order to fulfil promises to the missus before our wedding:(. I’ve gone through a tough few months with trying to source a solid engine and now have finally done that and it’s running great, so much better than before. If circumstances were different I wouldn’t be selling this as I love it and have put some blood sweat and tears into this, but a promise is a promise and sometimes you have to put them first.

It’s a 1996 Facelift extremely rare Original Toyota Green (not black, red or silver) TT!!! I know of only one other green TT in the UK, but it’s not a facelift. This car was September on the club’s 2006 calendar (which will go with the sale of this car;)).

Engine Specifications:

47k mile Jspec 2JZ-GTE engine :Pling:(from n boost: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=134472&highlight=engine+for+sale) with UK twin turbos (from Bignum) - just fitted by ToyotaGT. Went for UK’s as had the JSpecs disintegrate on me previously and didn’t fancy going through that again (UK’s being Steel blades vs. ceramic). I’ve done just under a thousand miles since I’ve had it back.

I have the receipts for fitting and also the last 2 MOTs from n boost showing the mileage of this engine. Turbos are in great condition and pull very strong to the redline, and power is progressive through the range.

All oils, coolant (Toyota Red) and plugs were changed by ToyotaGT. I still have some oil and coolant left I think.

Cambelt was changed 5k miles ago, along with the cam seal. This was done by ibrar (no receipt but have confirmation from him on this).

No smoke on start up, or on boost, and idles very steadily and smoothly (has a nice purr). It pulls very strong:D

The mileage on the car is currently 110k miles, however as stated above the engine and turbos are less than half that. I have the service book with the previous stamps in it from import in 2000, plus all the receipts since I’ve had it. This used to be owned by Greenpeace (off the forum, not the activists) and has a lot of money thrown at it over the years. Tasteful mods in line with keeping with the car I believe, it took me a long time to find this one, so sorry to see it go:(.

Turbocharger & Induction:

Apexi Induction kit

HKS Turbo Timer

HKS electronic boost controller (now wired up correctly from engine change), running 1 bar (actually hits about 0.8/0.9bar), with higher boost setting at 1.2bar

Miami GT side mounted intercooler

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

Fuel pump upgrade

FCD fitted

BPU chip

HKS Steel hoses

Speed limiter removed

NGK plugs

Exhaust:

Blitz Nur Spec R backbox

HKS midpipes

Full Decat

No RR needed as UK Spec Turbos

Drivetrain:

Torsen LSD

Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes:

Blistein suspension

Lowered (not sure of springs)

Racing Hart 19" CRs (with one spare front) – extremely rare, no longer available, worth £2k alone, just fitted brand new centre hubs

Eagle F1's all round (+rears brand new just fitted last weekend at £300 cost)

UK Brakes on front and back (recently had new pistons fitted by Phoenix, not just the refurb kit)

Red Dot 5.1 fluid

CW fast road pads

Goodridge braided brakelines all round

Interior & ICE:

Custom Green/Black Leather Seats and armrests with Silver piping/Supra logos in headrests

Rear seats re-trimmed in black leather

OEM Chrome dash rings

Aluminium mirror and cigarette lighter surrounds

Aluminium dash light adjustment dial

DVD Alpine Screen with DVD Sat Nav and remote (cost £1500 when new)

TV Tuner

Pioneer Chrome Amps x2, Pioneer Subwoofer (v loud) within custom boot build including green neon when stereo is on

Infinity speakers all round in front and back with tweeters built into the door cards

Snooper S6Neo with fixed camera and mobile camera detection (GPS tracked via 4 satellites)

Original OEM Toyota Supra Mats in black

Engine Dress:

Chromed rad cover

Chromed Fan cover

Chromed washer filler lid

Chromed fuse box covers

Chromed brake reservoir cover

Chromed ECU cover

Miami Gt bling induction heat shield

Miami Gt under bonnet bling wings with Supra etching

Miami Gt battery cover and clamp

Miami Gt brake fluid and PAS fluid caps

Aluminium Supra cut out rad plate cover from MarkRZ

Genuine TRD billet aluminium oil filler cap

Strut bar (not sure on make)

Red piping set

Exterior:

Dark Windows

HID low beams 6000k

White 6 LED sidelights

Original OEM Side skirts (not fibreglass replicas)

Original OEM Rear Spats (as above)

Colour coded bottom front lip

Mesh in front air intakes

UK bonnet scoop (not fully functional)

UK glass headlights

Green undercar neons with remote control

Liquidart Toyota badges with devil horns, and liquid art Supra badge on boot

Performance:

v.quick :D :D

This has the usual stonechips on the front bumper (which would benefit from a respray), and a few nicks on the alloys, if picky you would do a refurb on two of them, however you have to be closer to notice. These are the only reasons why I haven't said it's mint, apart from those points the car is mint!

All Rac etc. inspections welcome, I had one done when I bought it and the guy was very impressed with the standard as will you.

Proof of valid insurance required to drive BPU Supras, otherwise I’ll be driving.

12 months MOT

Tax until end October

I’ll consider px for MR2 or possibly a n/a aerotop (not decided yet).

Gutted to see this go, but marrying the missus is more important than a piece of metal:). I hope this isn’t the end of my Supra ownership but only time will tell. I’ve mulled this over for a while now but although my heart says no, my head says yes :taped:

£10,500

The price reflects the rarity of this colour, the work that’s gone into it, but also the fact the engine has under 50k miles on it!!!!!

I’m off to cry now….:bye:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely flippin beautiful chap!

Good luck with the sale:)

p.s if you wanna upgrade to an N/A give me a shout;)

:(

may possibly be interested in an aerotop n/a or an MR2.

Then come later this year/start of next year will be looking for something new.

Can't believe after all that agro you selling........nutter:d

I really don't want to, and I'm just starting to enjoy it again after putting all that crap behind me, especially as weather's getting nicer:(

But unfortunately wedding costs have meant I had no leyway for things going t!ts up like they did. The missus is putting more money into the wedding and it's not fair on her really. I made a promise to clear my debts by the wedding, and this is the only way, and downsize to something alot cheaper for a while.

I love this car!

It was my screen saver when I first got into Supras but I couldn't remember who owned it after I copied the photo.....:D

Good luck Razza, I would have wanted this if I hadn't just invested 20k in a building project.....:(

H.

Razza, did you buy it from M cozzy who, purchased it from Si (Green Peace) ?

I have not see it since Green Peace had it but, back then it was VERY nice.

I normally don't like green cars but, it looks great on the supra!

Owners come and go but, some cars jsut stick around on this board :thumbs:

I normally don't like green cars but, it looks great on the supra!

Indeed! to be honest i like it so much that i;m still in doubt to leave my car black or go for a respray in green. And that because of the looks of this car (when it was Greenpeace old car)

Just stuck 12months MOT on it, advisories on front tyres as wearing low, so will throw in two front spare tyres anyway which are virtually new continental contacts.

Was going to sell them seperately but will ensure the new owner doesn't get a tyre bill within a month or so;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.