The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West Photo Shoot.

garetheves

Just been chatting with Alex (Ewizzy) and we have come up with the idea of having a Photo Shoot for all us North Westerners (and anyone else that wants to make the trip) now the good weather is coming. Hopefully get it in next years calender if Rosie is doing one again. If not would still be a class day out for a cruise and meet.

Anyway, looking to get names of people interested and also open to suggestions of very scenic places that people know. Once numbers and place are sorted we can get a date set. Please add to this post and also any suggestions for places.

1. Garetheves

2. Ewizzy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sounds like a good idea Gaz .......now venues :looney: :eyebrows: how about infront of that new sculpture in Manchester "the big bang" or the Liverpool Docks,Wigan Pier,Haigh Hall,Rivington Barn,Reebok Football Stadium,or somewhere in the countryside ?? or anyone know anywhere around Blackpool,Fleetwood,Southport with the sea as a backdrop ?? :woot:

Cheers

Ian

Anywhere on the moors is good for me, I know a few locations, I took some VERY rushed photos a couple months ago on the moors just outside Rochdale, Owd Betts, if you know the area.... pictures Here

Obviously, there are some even better places than this over the pennines, and some investigation is needed if we want a serious calender inclusion :thumbs:

So far we have

1). Near the sea

2). Reebok stadium area

3). Moors

any other sugestions, we could have a little mini vote between our selves when we have enough location suggestions :D

:eyebrows:

Wez_P is in blackpool hes gonna check out a few areas down there. Seems they have recently renovated part of the front and that could be quite nice as long as not much traffic. The moors sounds good also. there is always somewhere around the lakes. plenty of scope up that way. bit far for some people but if we had enough numbers and made a full day of it, could be worth it. Reebok stadium is and central with lots of parking but was thinking of more scenic locations to try and get in the calender.

Keep em coming guys

Gaz

Think i may have found the perfect location for a cruise and photo shoot this summer.

Went to meet Michel Lane (Off here) this morning in York and drove along the A59 between Preston and the A1/M1. What an absolutely cracking road it is with literally hundreds of possible spots.

Seein as how some people are coming from North West, North East and even a bit further south, what im propossing is a possible 2 Convoys: 1. Meeting at the Preston end of the A59, and the other at the A1 end, both cruise to each other, meet in the middle and discuss possible locations for the shoot, then head out.

There are plenty of places along to meet and grab a bite to eat if we are making a day of it.

While driving, i stopped and took a few quick photos to see how they would come out. In fact the first one is in a big car park of a restaurant. Not the best photos but you get the idea.

Also have managed to arrange a quality (£2000.00 professional) Digital Camera for the day so the pics should be awsome quality.

Give me your feedback then we can set a date if you are all still up for it.

Pos Photo Shoots 012.jpg

Pos Photo Shoots 013.jpg

Pos Photo Shoots 014.jpg

Pos Photo Shoots 015.jpg

Pos Photo Shoots 016.jpg

Pos Photo Shoots 017.jpg

Pos Photo Shoots 018.jpg

Pos Photo Shoots 019.jpg

I think we should manage between us with the camera Dale. My mate is a pretty good photographer.

SG - Was there any group photos in this years calender cos think we could get you a pretty good group pic of approx 12-15 in scenic location if you think that would be any good.

Cool. this camera is a digital but is used for taken school pictures at incredibly high resolution. Mates mum and dad run a photography business taking school pics. I would have thought it would be up to the job. Im sure its more than at least 6 Megapixels.