The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West Photo Shoot.

garetheves

A59 does have some excellent spots (I recognise most of those in your pics :)) but there a lot of even better ones on the roads that twist along next to it.

I'm a huge fan of the A684, the B6265, B6451 (near the resevoirs), A169 etc.... you've also got places like Brimham Rocks, Bolton Abbey, Fountains Abbey, Ribblehead Viaduct, North Riding Forest Park... I'm going too far East here..... :)

I guess this could cross over into the Lake District meet but how about Arnside and the smaller seaside places.. Blackpool would work well at night when all the lights are on.

Memory lane stuff... burnt a lot of fuel up in those hills :)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ewizzy - Didnt see a single one out today and did the full stretch between Preston and the A1. Also didnt see a single police car which surprised me with it being Bank hol Monday.

McCanny - I agree. Some of the roads off the A59 looked awsome but i just didnt have the time to explore. Thats why i thought about cruising down seperately, exploring a bit before meeting up for lunch and going off for the photos.

SG - Glad you like the idea, just hope we can do the camera justice lol.

There will indeed be a calendar- sounds like a top plan for some pics :thumbs:

Dale- is that your supe in your avatar? I must have missed the thread with the pics!!

Yeah thats my "new car" Rosie - Bruntingthorpe shot :sly: (just wish it could be bigger). Still ... I have a few in my garage :rolleyes:

if you're referring to our last videographer i'm a little concerned :eyebrows:

only jokin geezer if you're reading this!!

Had yeah it is. It was my vid camera that messed up. Hes not too bad witha camera. took a few arty shots of mine and was quite impressed.

I reckon sometime in June would be good, may is a bit packed what with japfest and other commitments, June 9th and the weekend closest to that date is out.

also, we could do with some sun too, so if we agree on some rough dates, and then I'll try to book the sun for some of them! :D

Sounds good mate. Sunday 19th June there is a Run What You Brung on at the York Dragway. Could do the meet and photo shoot early, be done by lunch and head over there (its at the end of the road we are driving along) and watch an afternoons worth of drags, or even take part if people fancied it. What do you lot reckon. Other alternative would be the saturday before.

what a cracking looking car u got there gaz :respekt:

stu a might hitch a lift with u if date and u approve of course :cool:

Cheers fella, bought it from a the best importer around :respekt: and made a few minor changes myself. Still a few more needed i think but money taken up on new house at the mo, which reminds me, im gonna have to pass on that bumper mate sorry, it's cheap i know but the missus would kill me if i spent another penny on it when we need stuff for the house.

Hope you noticed ive been passing youre name around when people ask about importers ;)

Hope you come down to the meet lad, good seeing you again, why dont you bring urs down??

Depends how many people can make that date. Lets get a list of names going for June 19th then. Sorry you cant make that date Dale, your car would only show the rest of us up lol. If June 19th isnt suitable for mos people then we will change.

1. garetheves (Gaz)

Guest blackpoolsupra

Hullo all! Blackpool would be ideal as most TVR catalogues show. The prominade south or middle walk north have been used many times for car shows. Photos of cars in the late afternoon with the sun disappearing over the horizon in the backround or cars next to the trams racing or September illuminations as a backdrop can be stunning.I could post a few sample shots if anybody is interested as i quite enjoy photography and retouching in photoshop.

Hullo all! Blackpool would be ideal as most TVR catalogues show. The prominade south or middle walk north have been used many times for car shows. Photos of cars in the late afternoon with the sun disappearing over the horizon in the backround or cars next to the trams racing or September illuminations as a backdrop can be stunning.I could post a few sample shots if anybody is interested as i quite enjoy photography and retouching in photoshop.

Please do take some samples mate.

Cheers fella, bought it from a the best importer around :respekt: and made a few minor changes myself. Still a few more needed i think but money taken up on new house at the mo, which reminds me, im gonna have to pass on that bumper mate sorry, it's cheap i know but the missus would kill me if i spent another penny on it when we need stuff for the house.

Hope you noticed ive been passing youre name around when people ask about importers ;)

Hope you come down to the meet lad, good seeing you again, why dont you bring urs down??

yes mate i know u have cheers, might have rx7 then and its a supra shoot may bring aerotop down ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought i resurect this thread as it seems to have died a bit. Anyone still interested i need to know what date we are gonna go for. Wondering if the 3rd of July (Sunday) is good for everyone. Nothing on in the calender section so cant see there being a major problem, but could clash with hols etc. If everyone lest me know if this is a good date, ill put it up in the calender section and we can get deffinate names and plan a location.

Cheers

1. Garetheves

2. Ewizzy

3. Kopite - date / work depending!

4. Stu - date depending

5. boneyard (depending if Single is fitted in time)

6. Wez_p

7. Chase

8. Tobyg - date depending

9. Shy - date depending too

10. Duffers!

My car might still be in the garage getting some bit n pieces fitted :D