North West Photo Shoot.

garetheves

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok guys, RedM has scouted around the arranged meeting spot for us and basically there is no where suitable at that junction to meet. My sources were innacurate on this occasion. Cheers for the info RedM.

So only a slight change of plan is needed. Instead of meeting at J40 of the A/M1 we are now meeting at J41. Only the next one south.

Come off the M1 at J41 and head on the dual carriage way (A650/A61 on the map i put a link to) towards Wakefield there is a Burger King on the second roundabout with a big car park. We will meet there then its a straight drive down to the show. Ive made the change to the list below.

See everyone on sunday and keep the names coming so i know who to wait for.

Meeting at Bolton Services at 7:45am

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

2. Animal

3. Brian M

4. tobyg

5. Leonv (as long as i can find it!)

Meeting at J41 A1 at 9am.

1. RedM

2. boneyard (Dale)

Nice one Ian. was gonna give you a bell tomorrow with details. You gonna meet us at Bolton Services?? Ill add your name and just let us know if youre not and i can take you off the list.

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

2. Animal

3. Brian M

4. tobyg

6. Shytot (Ian).

1. RedM

2. boneyard (Dale)

anyone seen a weather report that looks good yet?! the switch from 36 degrees at Malaga airport to 16 degrees and pissing down rain at Manchester airport was pretty depressing this morning :cry:

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

2. Animal

3. Brian M

4. tobyg

6. Shytot (Ian).

7. Wes

1. RedM

2. boneyard (Dale)

The weather for the area of the show is supposed to be very nice tomorrow. It's been persisting down all day here but has just started to brighten up. Forty minutes behind the weather forecast though. Shocking! Predicting lots of sun for late afternoon and early evening so I'm hoping to wash the car.

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

2. Animal

3. Brian M

4. tobyg

6. Shytot (Ian).

7. Wes

1. RedM

2. boneyard (Dale)

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

2. Animal

3. Brian M

4. tobyg

6. Shytot (Ian).

7. Wes

1. RedM

2. boneyard (Dale)

Well the weather seems to have sorted itself out for today, looks well nice outside. See you all later.

Well the day was sort of a success. The show in the morning was good but the driving round in the afternoon trying to find a suitable location was a bit frustrating. Eventually found somewhere and id just like to thank everyone for their patience all day.

Me and Cav are about to go through the pics so will post the best group ones in this section and also the calender section for Supragal to have a look at. Will then sort out all the others ready to send to you lot.

2 Options for getting the photos to you guys really:

1. I just put them all on a DVD and send them to you individually, will need a couple of quid off each of you for this though to cover cost of DVD and postage.

2. I could shrink all the best ones down and post them up on a site somewhere, you all pic which ones you want to submit for calender and ill put them in that section and can send the high res ones to SG. Can always send you all the high res ones at a later date if you want.

Thanks again for coming today and hope you all got home safely. See you again soon.

Gaz and Cav

I really enjoyed myself today. Met some new people, had a good laff and had decent weather. Big thanks to Gaz and Cav for all the photography, Im sure there'll be a load to choose from (especially the show models). Show wasnt to bad concidering it was its first year, there was quite a good turn out. Im easy with either way Gaz as far as fotos go. DVD's might be better, I think you'll need a server with one hell of a bandwidth to download the size of those pictures. Im sure people wont mind paying a few quid for DVD's .... either way Im easy.

I enjoyed myself too. Good to meet even more forum bods. Some right comedians among them.

Gaz abd Cav. Thanks for the photos although some of them should maybe not see the light of day!

I back the move towards DVD's. Would be very happy to bung you a few quid.

Just finished going through the photos (all 485 of them totalling just short of 4Gig!!!!!). Must say some of the driving ones are awsome, Cav has ended up with bruises all over his side cos he was wedging himself out the window to get them. The group ones look ace but unfortunatly i think most of them are gonna be from too far away for the calender, ill post em anyway though. The individual ones have come out well though. Quite a lot, particularly the ones between Bolton and Leeds have come out very dark but a few look very "moody".

Ill post the group ones up later and then will sort out the blurred ones after that. Should be able to get DVDs out to everyone by Tuesday. Should still give you time to submit individual ones if you want.

:woot: :woot: Wicked day out chaps,good to meet some new faces and some familiar ones now, very well done to Gaz and Cav for the organising and photo,s and count me in for a DVD gaz no worries (might have two FTO dave will probably want one too :rolleyes: he enjoyed the day too )

I must say ive never been so happy to see a Sainsburys petrol station b4 !!! :looney: 45 miles after the petrol light came on !! lol :ecstatic:

Cheers again

Ian

In all fairness I found this place by accident. I was trying to get to Emley Moor, missed the turning, carried on a bit and coming down a hill I spot a tower in the distance. Having no idea where or what it was, it took me nearly an hour to get there. Very steep single track road. I have no idea what you do when you meet someone coming the other way!

At the top, HUGE parking area, picnic spot etc etc. We really missed out I think. We could have got the tower and all the cars in plus there were amazing views in all directions.

Only downer was while I was taking pics. Police car pulls into the car park and parks looking directly at me. Eventually happy I was up to only good behaviour they left. When I left they were at the bottom of the single track and pulled out behind me as I passed. They then followed me through a very long traffic control section, over loads of speed humps and all on for about eight miles. I didn't put a foot wrong and when I went to head back to Wakefield they pulled alongside at the lights and the driver nodded at me. No point scoring for him. :nyah: