The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West Photo Shoot.

garetheves

I'll have a look at Nostell this weekend or after work if I can get in. Howabout if I give Bretton Sculpture Park a ring? Could take a few pics with some sculptures in the background.

I'm toying with asking the village elders if we could do a large group shot on the village green. I'm thinking that some of the grumpy old buggers around here might not agree though.

Anyways, I have my thinking hat on.

All of those sound great, if i could leave you looking into these for me. That would be a great help. Its looking like theres gonna be 5-10 people coming along now. Anymore please get your names down so can work out numbers properly.

Cheers

P.S. Still open to suggestions for photo shoot locations cos at the end of the day, the more options we have the better.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about meeting at Bolton west services

Services M61

Info

It's not too busy. Between juctions 7 & 6 when going east.

Most of us over this way will be going past it..

What u rekon to that, We then just need a time....8 am or earlier ???

Sounds good to me mate. Know the services well. Which way is going to be the best to get over to the show. Cos its the other side of Leeds isnt it but a bit further south?? I reckon sometime between 7-8 should be ok but still dont know what time the show starts. Think weve sorted that well go to the show first then sort out piccies afterwards, unless weather is awsome before then might be worth getting them on the way and not risking the weather changing.

Possibly make it.... I'll make a note. Prefer nearer to Blackpool, but may wait until something nearer comes up :)

M8 you are gonna have to travel a bit if you want to get involved in any of the meets, weve travelled two to three hours before to be part of the team..... The meets are great you will enjoy

Went out today to try out the camera we are using for this photo shoot. Ended up taking 100 shots in total (yes got a bit carried away). Uploaded a few to the post below, obviously with the quality greatly reduced, but the original 6 megapixel shots are amazing. The detail and the colour are so impressive. Plus we have a 4Gig memory card at our disposal so can pretty much take as many as we want.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=510291&posted=1#post510291

Great to hear you're coming Dale although your car will show the rest of us up mate. At the moment the plan stands as this.

Meet up at the car show an stay for as long as people want. Check out the grounds to see if anywhere is suitable for the pics, if not we will have a bit of a cruise around the local area and find somewhere. Unfortunately still not sure of start time for the show though. Tell you what ill go email them now and get back with a time.

K been in touch with the organisers of the Rising Sun Car show and it all kicks of at 9am. So whats everyone's thoughts? We meeting before the show somewhere and taking some pictures. Camera quality is awsome by the way and am bring a laptop so can copy across and view while we are they. Or are we meeting at the show at 9, staying for a bit then going taking pics. Also can i have a list of people who are deffinately coming.

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

K been in touch with the organisers of the Rising Sun Car show and it all kicks of at 9am. So whats everyone's thoughts?

Could meet up 8.30ish, convoy to the show and (depending on the "back drop" there for fotos) either stay there and shoot or just spend a few hours and then tootle of to spomewhere else for the fotos.

1. garetheves (Gaz)

2. boneyard (Dale)

re: backdrops for photos.

I approached Bretton Sculpture Park but didn't get anywhere. No-one seemed sure who needed to be asked. I left my contact details but haven't had a call yet. TBH, they didn't seem to like the idea of nasty, horrible cars near their artwork.

Could meet up 8.30ish, convoy to the show and (depending on the "back drop" there for fotos) either stay there and shoot or just spend a few hours and then tootle of to spomewhere else for the fotos.

1. garetheves (Gaz)

2. boneyard (Dale)

Like the sound of that Dale, where do you reckon for meeting though cos we are all coming from opposite directions...The junction of the M1 where it meets the A59, J47 i think it is. Quite a trek down to the show from there though so may need to be a bit earlier. Anywhere else you can recommend?

can somebody summarise what the plans are for this photo shoot please.... only just noticed this thread and I don't have much time to read through 6 pages of threads.

Cheers.

Basically we are having a big photo shoot to try and get a pic next years club calender but it happens to co-incide with a car show in Nostrell Priory, Wakefield so gonna make the route there, or the grounds of the show, the setting for the photos. Got a £2.5K camera sorted for the day with a 4gig memory card, a laptop for viewing the photos, all we need to find on the day are some suitable locations. Itll be a good cruise round if nothing else. All cars welcome.

Like the sound of that Dale, where do you reckon for meeting though cos we are all coming from opposite directions....

Leave that to you guys ... its your part of the country :) . If its a problem we could just meet at the show. Up to you Gaz, just as long as a place/time is set then people will turn up :thumbs:

Right this is the plan then:

Meet at the show at 9am, difficult to arrange a meet before because of the time and also the different directions people are coming from. Make note on your way to the show of any possible shoot locations that we could try.

Once at the show, stay till everyone wants to head off and then go cruise to all the locations people have spotted. That way we are all in convoy to them and can make sure everyone is at each spot together. Might even be able to get some driving shots. Can shoot for as long as people want to, stop for a bite of lunch/dinner and a drink (non alcoholic of course) then go our seperate ways.

Ill be uploading all the pics to a server somewhere (yet to be decided) so everyone can see them and decide which we should put up for the calender and also save them for private use.

The only cost on the day is your petrol and £6 entry to the car show, details of the show can be found here:

http://www.risingsuncarshow.co.uk/index.htm

Should get a good mix of cars from Dales to fairly stock looking ones so should get some good pics. Please add names to the list below if you want to come so i have an idea of numbers. Ill pm my mob number to the names on the list the night before, just in case of problems.

Just hope i can get my glass headlights and UK brakes on in time.

1. garetheves (Gaz)

2. boneyard (Dale)

1. garetheves (Gaz) - Tickets x 2

2. boneyard (Dale)

3. RedM (Martin)

4. mcanny (Michael)

5. brian.m (brian) - Ticket

6. Leon Van Tonder

7. Shytot (Ian) Hopefully

Keep the names coming people. Got talking to the organiser of the Rising Sun Car show today at TOTB and he says it should be a good turnout with loads of places for photos.

Also managed to buy a bunch of tickets for £4 instead of the £6 that they will be on the door. Because i didnt know exact numbers for the event, and didnt want to end up being out of pocket, i bought 10 (2 taken with me and mate). These tickets are per person and as said £4 each. If anyone is interested the first 10 people to put "ticket" after their name on the list below gets one. Ill not ask for money until the day but please only put your name down for a ticket if you can deffinately come because i dont want to be left with a load of tickets. If there are enough people wanting the tickets i can sort more out.

Cheers and remember keep the names coming, the more the merrier.

Yeah well meet just outside as close as we can. spoke to the guy today and hes says if i get in touch with him during the week with numbers hell try and sort out an area for us to park in with a decent backdrop and maybe even a view of the manor house in the background. Seems like a very nice chap and if i say there are "x" numbers coming and we need to be together with a space around us to take pics, he may be able to sort us out.