The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West Photo Shoot.

garetheves

Im traveling to Scotland for work on the 3rd, so you'll have to count me out too.

Oasis concert in Manchester on Saturday 2nd, So I will be hung over too.

I am planning to go to York dragway on the 19th June anyone fancy coming to that?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Right, lets try to get this thing up and running again..... Looks like July is out due to either work commitment for some people, and also JAE is in that month too....

Anyone up for August? There is a car show in Leeds (Nostell priory) on the 14th of August.... From what I have heard, there is some gorgeous grounds there, so maybe we could find somewhere there to do the photoshoot ? the website for the show is http://www.risingsuncarshow.co.uk Its only £4 per person to get in, and its looking to be a good show....

Weather should also be quite good seeing as its august :innocent:

I think we should start off a new list....I'll go first :)

• Garetheves
  • ewizzy
  • Boneyard
  • tobyg

1. Garetheves

2. Ewizzy

3. Kopite - date / work depending!

4. Stu - date depending

5. boneyard

6. Wez_p

7. Chase

8. Tobyg - date depending

10. Leonv - date depending

Bolton Abbey is a good lacation, alongside the river and mountainside?

• 3 weeks later...

It al ldepends on what time the Rising Sun car show is on, which unfortunately the website doesnt tell you. I vote we meet before that, take piccies and then head off in convoy to the show. Prob be looking at around 9am or so, maybe even a little eariler.

Have we decided on a meeting location and photo shoot location yet?

Ok so we know the pics are going to have to be taken en-route to the show or at the show, which is in Wakefield. We have 2 options:

1. Anyone failry local to there know of any decent spots en-route. im not all that familiar with it you see. Just looking at the map and theres a host of A roads leading to wakefield and around the area, some of these may be suitable. Really need someone to go scout it out though and pic a deffinate spot. Any takers.

2. Alternatively, as ewizzy said, the grounds at the show are meant to be pretty nice. we could all meet there at the start of the show and find somewhere suitable there or thereabouts, stay for the show, then head our seperate ways. If we find the grounds arent suitable then we can go find somewhere in convoy after the show.

Personally i think number 2 but lets have a vote.

Gaz - 2

I live just outside Wakey and the Priory isn't too far from me. I'll be there.

Can't really think of any photo spots though. There are some lovely places around but you couldn't get a car to the best bits. Eg. Emley Moor, Bretton Country Park, NewMiller Dam.

I'll keep looking and post up any ideas.

I'll have a look at Nostell this weekend or after work if I can get in. Howabout if I give Bretton Sculpture Park a ring? Could take a few pics with some sculptures in the background.

I'm toying with asking the village elders if we could do a large group shot on the village green. I'm thinking that some of the grumpy old buggers around here might not agree though.

Anyways, I have my thinking hat on.