The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2014 - CANCELLED

Steve

I thought everyone wanted Suprapod 2014.

I wonder why there are so few takers now?

Not as much notice as previous years but still a few weeks.

And the 21st anniversary meet, so maybe people don't want to travel twice.

I do hope this goes ahead!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the numbers that have said yes to drag tickets and the number of entry tickets in this thread we are not near half way of covering the cost. (and thats assuming all those that have said yes actually buy the tickets)

There is no drift this year, Santa Pod can not do that anymore.

With the short timescales and the 2 big events either side of the 13th Sept I cannot afford to take the chance on this. We are already running Db14v2.0 at a loss, I cannot take another chance on something where I know we have JAE the weekend before and DB14v2.0 the weekend after.

So I will be telling Santa Pod it is a no from us for this year, but we would like another date for next year.

Ian Blackett (the pod Photo chap) has said a lot of the RWYB days are under subscribed now, so maybe we can slip in to one of those before the end of the year.

Sorry to have got your hopes up folks, but I just cannot risk the money when we have so few competitors which is what we need to make this worth attending as a spectator.

Ahhh. Have poor Santa Pod lost another load of money? That's a shame.

Here's an idea though... DON'T DICK YOUR CUSTOMERS ABOUT WITH THEIR DATES!!

It is a shame. I know everyone that could attend were looking forward to it.

Like Jamie says, let's make Japshow finale a good'un.

Shame to loose it but the club as a hole is down on main stream attendants/ members any way ,we might even struggle to get numbers next year with all the notice in the world . I think this event needs to be opened out to few other good clubs even if its to get the numbers up and share the cost to the clubs

Maybe a toyota day?

The other jap shows ect you just cant get the track time and have to que for over an hour sometimes

Gutted to hear this, but understandable.

RWYB last Saturday was way over subscribed with long waits, not the longest I have experienced there, but long. Went to one in May and it was good though. Guess it all depends on how many clubs turn up on the day in the same way that is being suggested for us. Last Saturday there was at least 50 bikes there and the junior drag things. Luck of the draw I guess for rwyb days.

To be honest, paying up front for test and tune days doesn't work out a lot more than the price for a drag suprapod ticket, should we maybe be looking at one of these? Only a hundred track places available and a fully prepped track, but the downside is that there are not that many dates through the year and some, (maybe all I need to check) are on a weekday.

Edit

There is always the 27th of September for the Saturday night special which some of you showed an interest for recently. Not Suprapod but a chance to use the strip and have a meet before the end of the season possibly? But its close to Japshow being 2 weeks before.

Edited by Shane (see edit history)