The mkiv Supra Owners Club

does det make its way back to the turbo

mellonman

Thats a foreign object gone thru that

would a hole lot of engine oil going through it at high speed do that,or the remains of the second turbo thats what i was thinking till someone said it looked like DET, which it does a little.?

but could DET ever make it that far back? through throttle body and intercooler out of intrest.

have a look at this destroyed no2 guys.

IMG00359-20111015-1742.jpg

i have seen worse my mate put 1.5 bar through stock jspec and the actual shaft had sheared in 2 peaces,

im not sure how something has gone throught the first turbo, the only thing that got there was a load of oil that come from the 2nd turbo as it looks the hole shaft has moved out into the housing,

never mind as said DET would not make it to the compressor as i thought.

You can trash the exhaust side of a turbo as a result of detonation, but that's only because the bits of piston and spark plug eroded off by the det exit through it. What you have there is foreign object damage, as said a few times already. Do you use a HKS mushroom air filter by any chance?

would a hole lot of engine oil going through it at high speed do that

Nope and if there was that much oil it would be full of oil ;)

but could DET ever make it that far back? through throttle body and intercooler out of intrest.

If you had detonation that is THAT bad i would worry about collecting the engine from the road. But even then no it wouldn't :)

would a hole lot of engine oil going through it at high speed do that,or the remains of the second turbo thats what i was thinking till someone said it looked like DET, which it does a little.?

have a look at this destroyed no2 guys.

All I can tell you is that water injected INTO the compressor housing of a turbo will over time erode the blades, oil is alot more viscous and as droplets hitting a turbine spinning at maybe 100,000 rpm then I suppose it may be poss it could do this but thats a wild stab, maybe CW could confirm he is a lot cleverer than I am, either way you have the right way of thinking by going single, you will not regret that decision as long as you do all the other little bits too.

yeah looks like im going single i did like the sequential set up and as you know tryed to keep it but im not doing it again,

what are the other little bits ?

there cant be that much more to do to get it to run a single can there? im not really wanting the power gain

Of course I forgot you have bigger inj etc already, just don't skimp dude, do a comp and leakdown test, make a nice breather system and DO NOT make the I don't want a lot of power mistake, you do not need to go down to tiny turbos anymore with new technology, that way WHEN you want more you already have the parts its just a case of turn it up !!!! Finally and you know this is coming,,,,get a decent ecu on it, go syvecs dude you wont regret it.

haha yeah i knew that the ecu was coming lol, im gonna go with the turbo kit kenblockseal was selling,

i think i would have to have had a compression test away as them turbos spat agood 3 litres of oil through the intake felt sorry for the people behind me all i could see was white smoke.

haha yeah i knew that the ecu was coming lol, im gonna go with the turbo kit kenblockseal was selling,

i think i would have to have had a compression test away as them turbos spat agood 3 litres of oil through the intake felt sorry for the people behind me all i could see was white smoke.

One last thing dude, watch your license !!!!! I know you are not scared to enjoy the cars full potential !!!!! LOL