The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SL55 - Black on Black IMMACULATE

TRD3000GT

Many of you know me form when I had my supra and the extent I used to look after it.

I am now seeling my second Mercedes SL55 AMG 52 plate. The entire car is immacualte and it has a few upgrades. Exhaust and cooling pumps.

Covered 50,000 miles just and also had a full service.

This car has EVERY conceivable extra including distronic. (cruise control that sticks on to thje back of cars in front and matches theis speed till they get our fo the way) Quite un nerving when you first use it.

Im offering the car for £25,000 quick sale. No test drives or dreamers please. If your interested I'll take you out for a spin.

PLEASE NOTE the photos have the old wheels. The new ones are exactly the same but have a gunmetal finish in the center.

How have you found the car reliability wise? Would you say it could be used everyday? And in the snow if needed?

Are there any details on the ABC system, work completed, any faults you've experienced with it?

Also the roof mechanism, any additional info on that, faults/work carried out?

Reliability is very good. In the last 2 years Ive not had a single issue be it 30+ degrees outside or snowing.

The ABC system had the pump fail within the first 6 months of me owning the car and I freaked out BUT its a common fault and the new pump installed was the revised unit and Ive not had a single issue with it since replacing. As most of you know I'm pretty anal about everything working so when ever anything needs replacing its done. If your at all concerned I suggest you take out a warranty (3rd party) I had one for 3 years and it only cost me £300 a year. The warranty covered 95% of the costs of the replacement ABC pump so it was well worth it.

Roof is great. Needs lubricating every so often to stop it creaking but thats not a big deal at all and I have the flud which conly costs £30 and lasts for up to 10 lubrications.

Reliability is very good. In the last 2 years Ive not had a single issue be it 30+ degrees outside or snowing.

The ABC system had the pump fail within the first 6 months of me owning the car and I freaked out BUT its a common fault and the new pump installed was the revised unit and Ive not had a single issue with it since replacing. As most of you know I'm pretty anal about everything working so when ever anything needs replacing its done. If your at all concerned I suggest you take out a warranty (3rd party) I had one for 3 years and it only cost me £300 a year. The warranty covered 95% of the costs of the replacement ABC pump so it was well worth it.

Roof is great. Needs lubricating every so often to stop it creaking but thats not a big deal at all and I have the flud which conly costs £30 and lasts for up to 10 lubrications.

Thanks for the info, still in the process of changing cars, but i must admit it is a very appealing vehicle :D

Im actually considering a Gallardo or a 997 turbo (which I can tune!) for the summer mate. I did have my eye on a GTR but I dont want to be upstaged by Jurgen and his speed rehab project.

I'm not jelous, honest :innocent: :D I always said the only 2 cars that would make me part ways with the Supra would be a TT Gallardo or Audi R8.

Evans is that you you old codger! Remember you were the one rocking the neon led lighting kits under the car while I was bolting on big singles. Hope your well old chap!

All show and no go - that's me :-) Takes me back!

All good thanks - ticking along very nicely!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]130456[/ATTACH]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.