veilside fortune 03

STU_3LTR_TT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Update on cars progress,not gone well over the last month,took a lot longer to get body ready for paint,but is in primmer,fuel tank nearly complete,dash re leather ed in black,engine is all hooked up,loom re routed ,as the abs/air con have been removed all wiring striped out of loom,will be updating thread regular from know till finish,thanks Stu.

tankfitted2.jpg

tankfitted1.jpg

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4266.jpg

Getting there, are you doing the work yourself? this build is taking nearly as long as Rob Sheffields:d

No not building it myself,think even i, with limited knowledge could of done it quicker,wish i had took it to a trader on here,would of been done last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update,car will be in candy red by the end of the week,got a guy who works for mclaren going down next weekend ,to do carbon air brush to areas on skirts, front /rear bumper,spoiler,dash,other small bits inside cockpit,looks really good the samples he sent me.

• 1 month later...
Quick update,car will be in candy red by the end of the week,got a guy who works for mclaren going down next weekend ,to do carbon air brush to areas on skirts, front /rear bumper,spoiler,dash,other small bits inside cockpit,looks really good the samples he sent me.

Stu what is carbon air brushing? never heard of that, I know what airbrushing is (had that on my Savage late 70's) just not carbon type can you elaborate? Do McLaren do sub work then?

Stu what is carbon air brushing? never heard of that, I know what airbrushing is (had that on my Savage late 70's) just not carbon type can you elaborate? Do MAcLaren do sub work then?

The guy who is painting my car went on a 3 day course,for house of colour paint,there was a guy there that worked for Mclaren,as i wanted my rear spoiler in carbon,they got talking about my car,he said he does a paint effect that looks like carbon,sent me a sample in the post,it looks like the real thing,and can be done in different shades.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
So its being painted ultra shiny black first then you are gonna ruin it by spending thousands on a house of kandy flip red paint job?

when i saw the picks of the bonnet,it did cross my mind to keep it black,but i think it will look better candy apple,as i'v already purchased the paint,it's going on .