The mkiv Supra Owners Club

veilside fortune 03

STU_3LTR_TT

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geat project mate lookin good! I would love to be able to be able to remove the subframes and get them powdercoated so all the underside was like new.

Top job cant wit to see the finished item:thumbs:

i insisted that they came off , glad i did they look really good , adjustable suspension next on the to buy list .

What inlet manifold is that? runners look very long and its very boxy, id reconsider that.

its a custom one made in japan came with the drag engine, will see how it goes when ryan maps it if no good will change it , they reckon they got 930hp out of it will have to see if they were truthful.

• 2 weeks later...
Got to agree with Jamie i would loose that inlet manifold cant see it being too good with the length off those runners

i do appreciate what your both saying but when we received the drag car it was fully running, tested on trade plates and it was very quick to say the least, when Ryan maps it if its no good then it will definitely be replaced. thanks for all comments

Happy new year

The runners won't matter at all, it's forced induction. All you need to worry about is distribution of air (equalisation of pressure).

In an NA car the longer runners would give better torque overall....but forced induction isn't as fussy. It's all a volume and distribution rather than shape and length.

Big project and well done with it so far.

The runners won't matter at all, it's forced induction. All you need to worry about is distribution of air (equalisation of pressure).

In an NA car the longer runners would give better torque overall....but forced induction isn't as fussy. It's all a volume and distribution rather than shape and length.

Big project and well done with it so far.

The only modification that has been made to the engine / induction setup since we acquired the drag car is bigger injectors and ,100mm throttle body plus 100mm alloy pipework , i know its probably over kill with the induction,just have to wait and see when it gets mapped, comments appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...