The mkiv Supra Owners Club

veilside fortune 03

STU_3LTR_TT

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the black looks fine, but i can't help but think the kit needs a lighter colour to show of the lines and detail.

After slagging off the red, I think I've changed my mind and agree with you. The black loses the effect.... I'm not a fan of flip paint though. Metalllic is one thing, but flip is just naff..

Mate, do whatever you fancy :thumbs: It's your car and you have to live with it.

After slagging off the red, I think I've changed my mind and agree with you. The black loses the effect.... I'm not a fan of flip paint though. Metallic is one thing, but flip is just naff..

Mate, do whatever you fancy :thumbs: It's your car and you have to live with it.

Candy apple red is'nt a flip paint,or is it,does not change colour,same as the chargespeed supra that got smashed up,I know it's my car,my decision,but happy to hear other peoples opinions,thanks guys.

Candy apple red is'nt a flip paint,or is it,does not change colour,same as the chargespeed supra that got smashed up,I know it's my car,my decision,but happy to hear other peoples opinions,thanks guys.

Candy paint is an effect in itself, like flip paint. It's a 'genre' of bodywork.

FWIW, I say keep it black and paint the wheels candy red.

i like the black, but after throwing that much money at it i'd be tempted to go for a different colour, just so people can see something's been done to it and not just got new wheels.

Although with the amount you've spent on it, it's no wonder you're smoking Sovereigns!!

DSCF1014.jpg

midnight purple would look great but he has the colour now.

Look dark in non bright colour conditions and in the summer will have a nice look to it with a hint of purple showing through.

It looks to me like your doing a show car so id go for the candy Red, however I think if driving daily you may want to go Black, either are gonna look great as the prep work you've done is really good.

Dare i also say it, black will be easier to match in the case of any misshaps or bodywork cracks appearing, which in most conversions like ours does happen I'm afraid.

midnight purple would look great but he has the colour now.

Look dark in non bright colour conditions and in the summer will have a nice look to it with a hint of purple showing through.

It looks to me like your doing a show car so id go for the candy Red, however I think if driving daily you may want to go Black, either are gonna look great as the prep work you've done is really good.

Dare i also say it, black will be easier to match in the case of any misshaps or bodywork cracks appearing, which in most conversions like ours does happen I'm afraid.

Was been built as a show car,but starting a new venture in france next year,still will be based in the uk,so not sure if I'll get chance to show the car much,only be used as a weekend car,and black would be better to touch up,as things do happen,thanks for your comment.

Was been built as a show car,but starting a new venture in france next year,still will be based in the uk,so not sure if I'll get chance to show the car much,only be used as a weekend car,and black would be better to touch up,as things do happen,thanks for your comment.

You don't have to have a knock for small cracks to appear with these kits that's the problem, british roads will quite happily do it. Ive got a couple on the door just from the 3 years of shutting the door everyday. However the amount of prep work you have put in i seriously hope it stands up well :)

The first pick,is very nice,really dark,with just a hint of colour,it is confusing,but needs to be the right colour,thanks again.

Personally i think black. I think this kit looks great all apart from the front lights but in black the front lights don't look bad, mainly cause they don't stand out as much lol. keep it black and this will look awesome. You might need to do the interior candy red instead of green if the engine bay is red.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...