The mkiv Supra Owners Club

*** New guy here *** and pics of my supra

_Shane_

I see, thanks guys :)

So basically this is a stock car with (supposedly) hybrid turbo’s and basic BPU mods. It'll be 360 rwhp top end maximum.

Engine bay shot show a missing fan shroud, get that replaced fella!! Also poorly placed expansion tank, that needs to be well away from the air intake. The air intake is not shielded and seems to have no cool air intake, in fact it is almost totally blocked. That needs looking at ASAP as it's a very bad setup right now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see, thanks guys :)

So basically this is a stock car with (supposedly) hybrid turbo’s and basic BPU mods. It'll be 360 rwhp top end maximum.

Water injection and FMIC should help it run more boost than regular BPU which should mean a bit above standard BPU power, although the cars make less than 280rwhp stock so I guess your figure is still probably about right anyway.

550 bhp at the flywheel? Sorry to say it but if you believe that you've been duped, there is NO WAY it would make that. 450 would be the absolute upper end on the spec posted. Even the most modified hybrid car struggle to make 450bhp.

What were the Rear Wheel figures?

Supa-Dupra (chris) posted this car here a few weeks back remember? Thread tiles was "550bhp on hybrids????!" And it was me Shane who told you about this site ;) Nice car and all but like i said its virtually impossible for your car to make those figures with the mods you have, hell one of the cats is still in place afterall

Darryl, mine made 430fwhp on the rolling road with hybrids in on BPU with a cheap FMIC (dyno'd before I bought it). That said, it stated 380rwhp but with transmission losses it was supposed to be around 430. I don't believe that - I think it was about 410 tops so agree with your post that 550 is just not achievable on stock spec, or even BPU spec. ;)

I believe Si (Heckler) has one of the best Hybrid setups with EMU, larger injectors, FMIC etc and I believe he makes around the mid-high 400 mark.

Looks great, nice car indeed, So you have had it on a hub dyno, no wheel spin there at all so there power figure is usually higher, the 450bhp limit thing is nonsense, lots of people around the world have exceeded this so I dont doubt it for a moment.

Loose that awful interior bling rubbish, it just makes it like an overkill civic.

If you in Co.Down any time I'll take a spin :)

p.s. I'd get a fan shroud if I were you!

Welcome to the club. Nice supra. I couldn't pull that color off, but it's nice. A lot of opinions here on this site, some good, some bad, but you'll find overwhelmingly that the majority know what they're talking about. Look forward to seeing you at the Ring or in France at a meet. The 'search' button is your best friend mate.

• 2 months later...
Guest Jamesupra

personally love the colour ... welcome newbe myslf .. and another irish lad ya must tell me where you can get some of that moding and performance stuff done in ireland!..

(if in doubt diff her out!);)