The mkiv Supra Owners Club

massive dillema

gaz1

is it a full race turbo kit you have ordered?

i saw this in person, and the turbo mounted is the size of a 5year old child:d

will post pics of the massive turbo when i return.

i havent looked back since selling my old supra, and that was a hard decision.

if your having doubts, its going to go sometime

Can I ask a serious question, to get a bay like that, where teh hell do you locate stuff liek ABS, PS, Boost soleniod, and the plethora of stuff in a Supra engine bay?

That car dont have ABS by the looks of things, i think they relocate the fuse box inside the car and run most of the wires inside the wings;)

hmm, i had mine set up like this, however i was told to remove it and fit a breather filter on the tank,

it was putting hot shit back into the filter.

should i have kept it this way?

Opinions vary, but I like to try and keep things as close to Toyota intended, when possible ;)

The engine was designed to run with negative crank case pressure, so I think it's best to keep it that way and plumb the breathers back to the intake.

There is a huge thread in technical somewhere discussing this.

Gaz if money aint no object then maybe selling is the answer.....

I know if it was me, and by the sounds of it I dont have anywhere near as much cash to throw at my car, I just couldnt see all the hard work and money go to waste by flogging it on for peanuts in return.

It depends how much you can afford to waste money......:blink:

Gaz mate, I always reckon in life that when you start thinking of something on a regular basis then that's the time to act upon your thoughts.

Your car is a fine example of a Supra but I think your real passion is with the concept of modding cars - it just so happens that the Supra is your favourite vehicle.

I think you need to move on and make that ideal car of yours, however, I don't know if you'll be really happy with that when it is eventually complete, as you may see yourself going through the same dilemma all again in a couple of years.

I think you should sell your current car and go for it.

Life isn't a re-show mate and you only get one chance!!;)

Gaz mate, I always reckon in life that when you start thinking of something on a regular basis then that's the time to act upon your thoughts.

Your car is a fine example of a Supra but I think your real passion is with the concept of modding cars - it just so happens that the Supra is your favourite vehicle.

I think you need to move on and make that ideal car of yours, however, I don't know if you'll be really happy with that when it is eventually complete, as you may see yourself going through the same dilemma all again in a couple of years.

I think you should sell your current car and go for it.

Life isn't a re-show mate and you only get one chance!!;)

i know what you mean, i am going to take her out for a couple of hours see how i feel then;)

Start again Gaz. I get the impression you enjoy the building up as much as the driving. The market is great for buying at the moment and you could pick up a good un to start your new project with.

You have better knowledge now and im sure the new car would be even better than the current project ;)

Nice dilemma to have by the way :D

I can see where your coming from gaz, i love the building part as much as the driving. BUT, you have put so much time, love and money into that car. You know exactly whats been done to it and that its been done properly. If it was me i would keep it and make the changes as your mood changes, ie new turbo setup like your going for. Just my 2p.

Plus, im supposed to be having your old tubby kit! :D