Guest paul singh

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest paul singh

in fact after close discussion with my younger brother ...we are going for 21 s with coil overs and the whole lot of engine mods...just to see if we can get it as quick as our 360 f1(we aint blaggers just bored and spoilt)pics to follow keep...this discussion going and pics will follow..or ill raffle the supra for children in need and just pretend i never bought it as for the person asking why i bought an auto ..its so i can still be on the phone whilst i talk to my rich dad back in punjab..hands free kits are good ...but who wants to be told what i can do..be it the old bill or a supra hero who probably only eats chinese food just so he can flash his decal kit off...or tease the young kid who is just starting out modding his car(we all start somewhere)..so lets all have some fun ...i reckon mawby can pop by and see it done if he likes or anyone else who likes to laugh at those that say things just cant be done...give me a week for dad so send me some money over and its 21 s all the way...for those that smile hello and those that get wound up ... "alright mate got a new motor"

well all i can say is welcome paul, if you like 20s then thats cool, as said before i think they look good with the right offsets and the right tyres, saying that they will be a sod for tramlining at speed a geo setup would not work on the supe as they are far to big, i am running 19s because i think they look better on the supe than the stock 16s (although i have upgraded the suspention) but they sure don,t drive as good;)

in fact after close discussion with my younger brother ...we are going for 21 s with coil overs and the whole lot of engine mods...just to see if we can get it as quick as our 360 f1(we aint blaggers just bored and spoilt)pics to follow keep...this discussion going and pics will follow..or ill raffle the supra for children in need and just pretend i never bought it as for the person asking why i bought an auto ..its so i can still be on the phone whilst i talk to my rich dad back in punjab..hands free kits are good ...but who wants to be told what i can do..be it the old bill or a supra hero who probably only eats chinese food just so he can flash his decal kit off...or tease the young kid who is just starting out modding his car(we all start somewhere)..so lets all have some fun ...i reckon mawby can pop by and see it done if he likes or anyone else who likes to laugh at those that say things just cant be done...give me a week for dad so send me some money over and its 21 s all the way...for those that smile hello and those that get wound up ... "alright mate got a new motor"

With all the 'money' buy a keyboard with a shift button. By putting 21's on the car, it will handle badly.

Shortest membership time before first rant award?! :D

Some people on here do have strong opinions, they mean no offence really. As for the wheels, large wheels can look good on a Supra, but they can adversely affect the handling of the car. It depends on what you want the car for really - if you are planning on doing track days with it, I'd join everyone in saying get some smaller wheels, but if you are using it as a weekend toy that looks the mutts nuts, go for it.

If you stick with the wheels, get the profile tyre that is the closest match to stock rolling radius to ensure that your speedo and odo aren't too out. There is a handy tyre website that has a calculator on it, but I can't remember it offhand. I just reduced my rear tyre width from 265 to 255 as I could get a closer match to stock circumference.

Welcome to the club - there are plenty of very knowledgeable people onboard here if you ever need any technical help. I've found most people to be helpful and friendly. hope you stay around - don't let this thread put you off just yet! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the width should have nothing to do with the circumference.... The profile will however...

Correct me if I'm wrong but the width should have nothing to do with the circumference.... The profile will however...

Precisely! With 18" wheels, a 255 width tyre will give you an almost perfect match for stock circumference with a 35 profile. A 265 wide tyre won't give you as close a match with any profile.

:)Good on you Jazzy...and you have a sense of humour and handle banter a fair bit better than my new mate.

:) at the end of the day my main concern was to take of the veilside arches, well iv built the car that i love now and couldnt be more happier