20" wheels dilema

Guest paul singh

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And giving them really generic information that's of no use.

"20's will fit..."

Apparently not... or maybe you know some way of doing it Mr Welcome?

Instead of being a sarcastic prick why don't you offer something constructive?

I have seen 20's on a Supra and was merely pointing out that they can fit on a Supra.

I've noticed that sometimes people on here can be such arseholes. The guy was only after some advice. 20s can be done and have been done a few times and can look good. Let's not get all anal about rolling radius and all that shit just give him some constructive help. 19s would be the better alternative I reckon for handling and looks!

just making a point seeing as you have a grudge against my big wheels:p

I don't, just your undersized tyres and desire run odd cambers.

Instead of being a sarcastic prick why don't you offer something constructive?

Do I have to? Is it the law? Can't we post a mildly amusing picture in the serious world of Mr Golddigga - standard springs and 20's are going to give a monster truck look.

I have seen 20's on a Supra and was merely pointing out that they can fit on a Supra.

Awesome, good on you for helping the chap out - means others don't have to and can go back to posting pictures. Cheers.

Sheesh :rolleyes:

So what mods would you suggest for the chap in order for him to fit his 20's?

I think we need to find out the wheel size, offset, chosen tyre size etc before handing out any more generic help to be honest but that's probably just me being a prick.

Look at the bottom of the page. He even has one of those shark fin things on the roof to help aerodynamically fit the 20's, someone probably told him it would result in more upforce to raise the rear of the car enough that the wheels don't scrape ;)

Kidding. Mate, sell the 20's on ebay and get something a little smaller... oh and welcome by the way :)

http://www.lwtwheels.com/gallery.htm#

Guest paul singh

hello to you all...oh my god some of you need to get a life...i bought the supra to run around in and thought i would make a few changes...thats all ...big wheels look nice.. end of ..and after the advice from the likes of jazz i have ordered some coil overs and ill get the lowest profile tyre i can and stick some pics up just so you can see it done ...geo tracking and all ...as for the guys who are gonna loose sleep just because they think big wheels look bad...free advice...clear your finance..loose the burbery gear..ditch the fake watch and grow up .. oh yeah ...and thanks for the warm welcome from those that have been nice...and if anyone is still going to spit there dummy out..go calm down and have a cold shower..your misses wont appreciate your blood pressure being so high....assuming you have one,and you dont sleep with your untouched pristine teddy bear.love you x x x x x

hello to you all...oh my god some of you need to get a life...i bought the supra to run around in and thought i would make a few changes...thats all ...big wheels look nice.. end of ..and after the advice from the likes of jazz i have ordered some coil overs and ill get the lowest profile tyre i can and stick some pics up just so you can see it done ...geo tracking and all ...as for the guys who are gonna loose sleep just because they think big wheels look bad...free advice...clear your finance..loose the burbery gear..ditch the fake watch and grow up .. oh yeah ...and thanks for the warm welcome from those that have been nice...and if anyone is still going to spit there dummy out..go calm down and have a cold shower..your misses wont appreciate your blood pressure being so high....assuming you have one,and you dont sleep with your untouched pristine teddy bear.love you x x x x x

Not the sharpest tool in the box, are you.

Shortest membership time before first rant award?! :D

Some people on here do have strong opinions, they mean no offence really. As for the wheels, large wheels can look good on a Supra, but they can adversely affect the handling of the car. It depends on what you want the car for really - if you are planning on doing track days with it, I'd join everyone in saying get some smaller wheels, but if you are using it as a weekend toy that looks the mutts nuts, go for it.

If you stick with the wheels, get the profile tyre that is the closest match to stock rolling radius to ensure that your speedo and odo aren't too out. There is a handy tyre website that has a calculator on it, but I can't remember it offhand. I just reduced my rear tyre width from 265 to 255 as I could get a closer match to stock circumference.

Welcome to the club - there are plenty of very knowledgeable people onboard here if you ever need any technical help. I've found most people to be helpful and friendly. hope you stay around - don't let this thread put you off just yet! :)

Paul welcome to the club, do you live in hamilton? If so ive seen your car a few times its nice but wheels are not really to my taste.. Anyways, my bro lives on the same road as you if your the same guy :)