The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hybrid turbos ....

ace67

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if your car is going graham ill be doing a drag run asap, so ill be posting up my results when i get the chance, not sure what to expect but id hope to be in the 11's

I will be looking forward to be having head to head with you Matt mate at Suprapod 2008 :eyebrows:

Run a search mate, this has been covered gazillions of times, but the general cenus will still be a T61 and a high stall convertor for your autobox.......;)

i dunno what to search for, the search is gash, it brings up a odd few results then lots of random one's, also when searching im getting this one as the main choice and the otherr results are not relivent to what im searching for....

Well if your car is going graham ill be doing a drag run asap, so ill be posting up my results when i get the chance, not sure what to expect but id hope to be in the 11's

definitely want to get my car on a drag strip... :D

couple of things to get done in prep for it, but I will run however it is. :eyebrows:

Where and when you going?

I will be looking forward to be having head to head with you Matt mate at Suprapod 2008 :eyebrows:

Sounds good, your on :eyebrows: :D

definitely want to get my car on a drag strip... :D

couple of things to get done in prep for it, but I will run however it is. :eyebrows:

Where and when you going?

Not sure, suppose it will be whenever us Northerners come down to the Pod again. There is one further up north i think, might have to arrange a day of it!

What part of your spec makes you think you'll be on for 11's :eyebrows:

Well if yours can do 11's i reckon ill be on for 10's

Good luck to ya! Power isn't everything when it comes to drag racing...

Mine must have what, a measly 390bhp :D

You've got the right idea going to the pod though, that's the place to do the best times. Shakespeare County Raceway is meant to have a decent surface too but I've not seen it myself.

Good luck to ya! Power isn't everything when it comes to drag racing...

Mine must have what, a measly 390bhp :D

You've got the right idea going to the pod though, that's the place to do the best times. Shakespeare County Raceway is meant to have a decent surface too but I've not seen it myself.

I agree, the launch is the most important thing. Im presuming you have a BL box or some form of launch control, maybe large rear brakes

I will say this, 11's isn't easy. OK with hybrids you stand a better chance but it's still no easy task. Supra Pod kinda proved that - even many of the singles were struggling.

For info, I don't have launch control and my traction control is my right foot. I do have a BL box but that isn't really a help. It's about holding more torque and we fitted it following replacing a knackered box with a dud replacement - I thought bugger this for a laugh and splashed the cash on the BL to end my autobox woes. Yet we still ended up back crawling around under my car replacing that after I broke that too...

Cheers,

Brian.

If Matt H or Lui make low 12's on the 1/4 mile on thier next drag runs I'd be absolutely amazed. Grahamc has a better chance, but unless anyone is using slicks or drag radials I can't see how you have a hope in hell of getting into the 11's.

It takes a lot of experience to get those times down, it's all about the getting the tyres into their key tempurature, and getting that perfect lauch. It takes practice, a lot of it.

• 8 months later...
only just read the end of this thread!

I reckon 11s on stock/hybrids in an auto without a hi stall would take an absolutely amazing driver.

Edit: Brian, have you thougth about rotorstock in a month or so at pod? :)

I'd like to go but am in the middle of a house move just now and have paid my Supra no attention - need to do a few things before running in anger at the pod - new tyres, race fuel, EBC integration with ECU, TTC mapping and map optimisation with Ryan G, fit uprated rad cos the standard one was marginal last summer with the GReddy 3-Row blocking it.

I'm aiming to go for it at Supra Pod :)

Cheers,

Brian.