SUPRA DRAG racing times

MONKEYmark

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking that. It's probably something I can do one evening, maybe even lunch time today. Any suggestions of the format for the thread?

Similar to how Wez did the ecu register maybe? neat and easy to read:) no offence to Mark but it dont look like you have the time to update this thread.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=129455&highlight=wez

Okay but you have hybrids and a tuned ECU, but still a timeslip is a timeslip so I'll give you that. Mine is stock however ECU wise :).

The tyres that I use are DOT approved and street legal here in Sweden (and in the US), I wouldn't however use them on a daily basis, complaining about someones tyres is like complaining about someone beeing faster than me with a single turbo, it is what it is, run what you brung :).

1.7 60 foot time is still done without a launch controller. and I would easily pull that of with my other DR's that I have, I just lent them to my friend that very same race. Just that the DR's and the manual tranny doesn't always see eye to eye and the DS might break, I use the DR's on the street seeing that they are radials and work great for street use.

I didn't know that the times were for UK only. Sorry about that, however:

Sponsor me and I'll come to santa pod and we'll have a match race then :) heheh.

I have a few comments on that:

1. I'm faster :p (as Michael kindly pointed out :) )

2. Your time was done on non road legal wrinkle wall drag slicks. Personally I don't think this leaderboard should include such times, let's keep it road legal as otherwise you're comparing apples with oranges. I could get me a set of wrinkle walls, pull a 1.4 60ft and gun for the tens, but I'm not gonna ;)

3. This leaderboard has always been a UK one - IE times achieved at UK drag strips. Yours was run in Sweden. Again it's a comparison thing, otherwise we may as well include all the Supraforums downhill drag strip times :D

Not taking away from your achievements prosty I think you've done great especially given it's a 6-Speed. Just my thoughts, I think most feel the same...

Cheers,

Brian.

Okay but you have hybrids and a tuned ECU, but still a timeslip is a timeslip so I'll give you that. Mine is stock however ECU wise :).

I have stock J-Spec Ceramic turbos running 1.1bar boost in stock sequential mode. I have a piggyback ECU which I tweak to make the most of my setup yes.

I don't have EU / UK / US spec steel turbos capable of higher boost or the complimetary more aggressive cams and higher capacity fuelling ;)

But that's kinda pointing out the obvious! :)

The tyres that I use are DOT approved and street legal here in Sweden (and in the US), I wouldn't however use them on a daily basis, complaining about someones tyres is like complaining about someone beeing faster than me with a single turbo, it is what it is, run what you brung :).

Disagree, wrinkle wall drag tyres move you out of road class IMO as defined in most competitions like our TOTB. You couldn't run to Tescos on them and the police would likely stop you over here :Pling:

1.7 60 foot time is still done without a launch controller. and I would easily pull that of with my other DR's that I have, I just lent them to my friend that very same race. Just that the DR's and the manual tranny doesn't always see eye to eye and the DS might break, I use the DR's on the street seeing that they are radials and work great for street use.

Your choice and of course the wrinkles are gonna give you better traction with compliance hence the serious drag only boys use them. I don't use launch control either BTW :thumbs:

I didn't know that the times were for UK only. Sorry about that, however:

Sponsor me and I'll come to santa pod and we'll have a match race then :) heheh.

Anytime - I'll race anyone me! :eyebrows: It's all about the buzz of the racing, win or lose. But I do like to win!! :p

There is a 'Euro times' table if you scroll down a bit on the first page of posts so you should get onto that as it stands prosty.

Cheers,

Brian.

Hi Monkey,

Update for me following today's running at Supra Pod:

60ft - 1.64

1/4 ET - 11.580

1/4 MPH - 114.78

Spec largely unchanged, just optimised - ran M/T Drag Radials (dot marked road legal ones) today instead of BFG DR's. Still standard unopened engine, standard cams, standard j-spec ceramic turbos at 1.1bar sequential, standard fuel system :)

Finally top of the table - time to retire from drag and go circuit racing!!! :eyebrows:

Cheers,

Brian.

Brian,

i couldn't believe the difference in speed off the line when we were going head to head! is that mainly the hi stall or the drag radials you reckon?

Wes

if we let you in then we would have to let the yanks in with there down hill drag strips:D

:rlol: :D

Brian,

i couldn't believe the difference in speed off the line when we were going head to head! is that mainly the hi stall or the drag radials you reckon?

Wes

Naaa he's just a better driver ;) :D

No seriously it will be the BL box + 3800 stall + Tyres etc etc When my BL was working a full 3200rpm start was just amazing!

Edited by rob wild (see edit history)

Brian,

Wes

Both really...... plus a healthy dose of pure aggression and willingness to break things!!! :eyebrows:

My mods and mapping have been chosen and done to be as complimentary as possible so I effectively have one big long surge of torque. It's a bit like a magic carpet ride to pilot?!? :D

Cheers,

Brian.

hehe the yanks just have better tracks / preparation / trackbite, the tracks have to be level to be NHRA approved you know :) , they also have like a 10 month season so now wonder they're faster than we are.. I took my car to the strip twice this summer, about 7 runs total.. So.. pretty happy with that.

and tDR, the ET Streets that I have are called "grooved" slicks and they are legal here in .se, but maybe not in the UK. And the DR are not good for the manual tranny. You need the flex in the tyres since the manual launch is much harder than a hi stall converter launch, seeing that the driveline is much more tightened before launching and the drive is engaged, when popping the clutch at around 7000 rpm things have to be working good if you don't wont things to break, when the tyre flex the ds / drive axels are spared and they hold up much longer.

And with your uprated TC I don't see why it's necessary for you to run a LC too. especially when you're not in TTC like I am.. I'm really impressed with your times though, must be the fastest J-spec car with stockish twins in the world maybe, even though they are hybrids. If I can have the economy to keep my car until next year, I'm looking for 11.2-11.3, seeing that I was fat as hell this year and I had a big stereo (playing while driving too hehe)

Jamie: Thanks for the input. I like my inside cam vid , it was really cool :) (me like myself hehe)

Edited by prosty (see edit history)

booooo, well he's a better driver than me as well :D

As a side note, I look after the box on the burnout, feathering the throttle as I feel it going for 2nd as that's the sprag that tends to break.... but on the run itself I really don't care what I break once the red mist has descended!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...