The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SUPRA DRAG racing times

MONKEYmark

03. 11.90 @ 113 mph tDR (BL auto) JAP (TOTB6) (TC 4000) 17" BFG`s @1.1bar (SEQ) + map2 ecu

is that what u mean.also maybe a small shot of gas might help it box robs a bit of power.the transbrake should help on launching.gets hard holding it all on front brakes.always thought about using line lock to old on line,never got to try it.

Thanks Mark :)

Would be good to see you going for it again with a TH400, don't know how that will affect your times though as it's rumoured to be a bit of a drag on power, terminals will show whether it actually is or not!

The BL box.... well it kinda cancels itself out TBH. The main reason I got it was my standard box was knackered and I wanted to futureproof with eventual power goals in mind - it 'feels' like it'll handle the power of a reasonably sized single. The big downside for me is I can't shift it manually - when I broke the first BL box I got, BL kindly replaced it under warranty but blamed my occassional manual shifting for the failure. I found I saved a good 2 or 3 tenths shifting manually at the strip... so in some respects I wish I was still running a standard Toyota box.

Crail is a very hard strip to get decent times on - absolutely crap surface (almost like launching on the surface of the moon) and uphill at the start, hence some people claiming it looks downhill at the end. Terminal speeds show that isn't the case really.

Cheers,

Brian.

p.s. Can I have a little t at the start of my name on the list please? :)

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Mark :) How does the transbrake work? How does it work / how do you operate it?

Cheers,

Brian.

as far as i can remember it holds car in 1st gear and reverse locking wheels up on a button and u build boost off line and press button to launch.

had a video of a usa supra with gt47-80 with th400 with transbrake launching it jumped off line and went on to do a 8 second pass with no nos.not sure if the car had a 3.4 stroker.

will do a search for info

heres an explanation

Valve Bodies

Our Trans-Brake Series allows you to achieve maximum torque converter stall and provides for quicker and more consistent reaction times and 60 foot times. This is due to the Trans-Brake action which prevents an engine's torque load from being transmitted through the drive train prior to the launch. The Trans-Brake acts in much the same manner as a manual clutch. Once the Trans-Brake is engaged, the vehicle can neither roll forward nor backward and as you press on the accelerator the engine can rpm as high as the torque converter stall. Once the Trans-Brake is released, the power is transmitted immediately to the rear tires in much the same manner as a manual clutch but with the parts saving advantage of the torque converter's shock absorbing action.

Fits GM TH400, 1965 & later. Has reverse shift pattern.

Hi

I think i have a time that can go on the NA drag time list. My Supra has exhaust, induction and de-cat and is a manual.

Reaction = + .8651

60 ft = 2.1051

330 ft = 6.1471

1/8 ET = 9.5437

1/8 MPH = 71.90

1000 ET = 12.3919

1/4 = 14.9319

1/4 MPH = 89.80

This was done at Rotorstock, Santapod!

Guest Rays the roof

Managed to get a terminal speed of 106mph at Rotostock last weekend, which i believe equates to roughly 330BHP at fly wheels.

Ran with:

Tesco 99 RON and 10:1 petrol to toluene (99.9% graded).

10:1 nitrous to petrol jets (200:20)

Front passenger and rear seats removed.

Single decat.

Aftermarket wheels, so possibly a little more to be had with stock 17's??

Best 1/4 mile was 13.9 sec. Beat a couple of stock TT's on the day too!! :):p:)

Managed to get a terminal speed of 106mph at Rotostock last weekend, which i believe equates to roughly 330BHP at fly wheels.

Ran with:

Tesco 99 RON and 10:1 petrol to toluene (99.9% graded).

10:1 nitrous to petrol jets (200:20)

Front passenger and rear seats removed.

Single decat.

Aftermarket wheels, so possibly a little more to be had with stock 17's??

Best 1/4 mile was 13.9 sec. Beat a couple of stock TT's on the day too!! :):p:)

show off

Just noticed I ran a 2.009 second 60 foot which leapfrogs me over TDR!! ;)

Bah, I've run a bunch of 1.8's but TOTB see fit not to post 60ft information in the published results :rolleyes:

At Crail this weekend so should have some proper timeslips with 60ft's to update my entry.

Cheers,

Brian.

Guest Rays the roof
Bah, I've run a bunch of 1.8's but TOTB see fit not to post 60ft information in the published results :rolleyes:

At Crail this weekend so should have some proper timeslips with 60ft's to update my entry.

Cheers,

Brian.

Bah humbug, you party pooper..:p

Guest Rays the roof
Congrats on getting into the 13's in an NA BTW - great achievement!

What's next, any forced induction thoughts? :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Maybe or once I get another jo, may go for the exhaust mainfold off Nic and/or a set of stock 17's to see if I can shave off a few more tenths of a second.

What would you invest in??

Cheers

Ray:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi MONKEYmark

Are you able to put my time on to the NA list? Don't think it's done yet.

Cheers

Hi

I think i have a time that can go on the NA drag time list. My Supra has exhaust, induction and de-cat and is a manual.

Reaction = + .8651

60 ft = 2.1051

330 ft = 6.1471

1/8 ET = 9.5437

1/8 MPH = 71.90

1000 ET = 12.3919

1/4 = 14.9319

1/4 MPH = 89.80

This was done at Rotorstock, Santapod!