The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bitching session - Massive very low offset wheels on a Supra - discuss.

PhilMorrison

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moved thread into tech for discussion (if it can be called that!). And to get Ian C's and maybe Chris W's attention lol :D

Phil - folks on this forum are very much pro standard rims / standard offset for optimal handling and such massive and low offset wheels are quite shocking to them. Be good to see how this thread pans out with views from here and the drift world on this kinda thing.

Cheers,

Brian.

Ahh, now it has been moved i will re-iterate my original comments (comments i requested a mod delete since it was a for sale thread)

Large badly offset wheels make a car handle shite.

On my own car i run 11" wide rears with a dodgy offset (though i recently found out that they CAN make them in the correct offset - thanks very much!) and the car tramlines.

Unless you totally redesigned the supra suspension system, with entirely new arms and struts designed for such wide wheels, then it wont have anything like the normal ride/handling.

And as for stretched tyres....i cant comment as mine are the right size (315 for my 11" rears). Dont imagine its safe though ;)

Comes to something when only Jazz1 likes them!

Ah I get it now, unless CW and IanC pass judgement on something "technical" then opinion can be ignored because us silly people can't understand anything that isn't standard and it's a "bitching session"?

Glad that's been cleared up at least.

So what are your expert thoughts on 12x19 wheels with 275 tyres on the Supra without the need for any suspension changes?

It certainly got my attention and it's not staying in tech much longer matey, jesus christ what awful wheels. And those tyres, my god any worse a fit and the sidewalls would form part of the contact patch, how on earth do they even stay on?

I'm sure it looks very blingin' and wikked sik, but it can go do that in chat. If it makes it there without falling off the internet highway.

It certainly got my attention and it's not staying in tech much longer matey, jesus christ what awful wheels. And those tyres, my god any worse a fit and the sidewalls would form part of the contact patch, how on earth do they even stay on?

I'm sure it looks very blingin' and wikked sik, but it can go do that in chat. If it makes it there without falling off the internet highway.

Lovin' your work :D

Ah I get it now, unless CW and IanC pass judgement on something "technical" then opinion can be ignored because us silly people can't understand anything that isn't standard and it's a "bitching session"?

So what are your expert thoughts on 12x19 wheels with 275 tyres on the Supra without the need for any suspension changes?

Oi don't drag me into this, clearly from my post above this is the first (and hopefully last!) I'll see of this thread!

-Ian

Actually michael I mentioned Ian C because he doesn't like these kinda posts in his section so would be interesting to see his response and I mentioned Chris W because he know's a thing or two about suspension.

Get out your own ass for a change ffs - have a nice infraction for being a c0ck :thumbs:

Cheers,

Brian.

I will :) Are you quite finished being a wee girl throwing a hissy fit or do you need a ban?

Obviously I'm now unable to comment for "fear" of a ban or a further 5 point infraction for apparently being "abusive to a Moderator".

I see no hissy fit, I see comments based on content on the thread, YMMV of course.

Cant find a post that derserves an infraction?! can someone point me to it?

lol...I'm sorry, were you mistakenly under the impression that this was a democracy? :D

tDR was harsh but then michael didn't help. Noone is banned, all is well (*jedi wave*)

EDIT - I mistakenly wrote Ian instead of Brian.

Do you want one for your behaviour at JAE? Or are my comments surrounding that 'incident' perhaps why you've piped up and posted here? :eyebrows:

You're very lucky you weren't banned following that.

Cheers,

Brian.

Sadly there is an inconsistant approach to these things, far worse things have gone unpunished in the past and will do so in the future, clearly someone just wanted to make an example of me in this instance and there is very little I can do to change that.

So be it, best behaviour from now on I guess... but having said that I didn't really do anything wrong this time... perhaps it's a cunning plan to just make me too scared to post anything ever again...

Guest Nicholas
Do you want one for your behaviour at JAE? Or are my comments surrounding that 'incident' perhaps why you've piped up and posted here? :eyebrows:

Cheers,

Brian.

What happened at JAE? :search:

Cheers,

Brian.

Micheal stuck up for me a while ago when I got banned for that period, not a lot of people go out on a limb like that putting there own neck on the line. I respect that. thats why ive posted, nothing to do with your comments re JAE i'd forgotten about that. I simply think an infraction in this case is unfair and I think people should say so when they feel like that.

Anyway both me and wayne have put that behind us, so there’s no need to bring it up.