The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bitching session - Massive very low offset wheels on a Supra - discuss.

PhilMorrison

Caught in a sleeping bag together again?

They decided to have a punch up over some random girl Matt H had picked up en route to JAE that Wayne (Supradibbs) apparently stole once she got there :rolleyes:. The fight spilled over into the tent in front of everyone and they had to be seperated. What a fine upstanding member to be passing comment on my moderation.

Cheers,

Brian.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

all is well

woooooah, delete that mate, if it's in the past and a bit personal it might not be the best thing to put up, might cause more ill-will.

I certainly had no idea so no sense telling the world. I'm sure you see what I'm saying. Just a bit close to the bone..

They decided to have a punch up over some random girl Matt H had picked up en route to JAE that Wayne (Supradibbs) apparently stole once she got there :rolleyes:. The fight spilled over into the tent in front of everyone and they had to be seperated. What a fine upstanding member to be passing comment on my moderation.

Cheers,

Brian.

Again i will have to correct you, thats twice in one post!

firstly she wasnt a random girl, secondly shes waynes friend, It was to do with the fact that i brought here to JAE while i already had a girlfriend and most importantly i didnt start anything! It didnt spill into the tent either you werent even there!!!!

*EDIT* Just saw you edited this post to add about it not spilling into the tent and me not being there. Yes it did you muppet, I was one of the guys seperating the two of you along with Tom. Don't tell me what I saw with my own eyes is wrong. - tDR

woooooah, delete that mate, if it's in the past and a bit personal it might not be the best thing to put up, might cause more ill-will.

I certainly had no idea so no sense telling the world. I'm sure you see what I'm saying. Just a bit close to the bone..

Indeed Lewis, good post

Okey dokeys so about the wheels then lol :D

I in fact do like the look of the wheels, the tyres scare the crap out of me but then any tyre stretched like a band over a wheel is a tad scary to me whatever the size involved. For dedicated show cars (and theres enough of those here that come and go on trailors) they would look the dogs danglies. I would love a set like this on mine at car shows that I go to but I wouldn't entertain them on the road at all. These wheels are what they are, show and shine class jobbers as are the various items of tupperware we gladly stick on our cars :D

lol :D what has this turned into? :D..

Regarding the wheels, I didn't say that it wouldn't handle like crap if you just slapped these wheels and tyres onto a Supra ;). Tyres that stretched are never going to be performance based. They were infact the biggest tyre I could get under the arches, and just there for the sneak peak pics of the car before it actually runs. As mentioned, once the car is running, it will run the correct camber, with smaller width and higher offset wheels ;)

I mearly asked why wide wheels automatically mean shit handling. I don't see many tramlines on race tracks, and if you have the arch clearance for the correct suspension alignment settings, and the correct tyres, then handling 'could' be improved :)

I appologise, I happily stand corrected about the 275 on standard Supra wheels. I was under the impression they were 8" for some reason. 9.5" and 275 are of course a happy loveydovey couple :). So I will happily get under myself now :D

Now please continue banning/getting banned. It's much more fun :D.

We need a special Fight Section on the forum.

People can then challenge one another to a smack up. I for one challenge the following:

Lewis (Stealthosts) - would get my arse kicked no doubt, but would be funny to give him a bitch slap round the face ;)

Suprascool - for bloody obvious reasons

Supraloopy - because he's a tit.

Personally, I think it's a cracking idea.

Anyway, who won the punch up?

Lol, mad thread you started here Phil. Bet you thought it's be a nice quiet for sale thread...

I think the more technical reasons for the hatred of huge wheels is the relative lack of adjustment on the stock running gear. A race car will have all trick adjustable parts to allow them to set the car up properly; a Supra just doesn't have that so is limited in what size wheels will perform best, hence anything over 18" is generally made fun of.

They are stunning looking wheels though...

We need a special Fight Section on the forum.

People can then challenge one another to a smack up. I for one challenge the following:

Lewis (Stealthosts) - would get my arse kicked no doubt, but would be funny to give him a bitch slap round the face ;)

Suprascool - for bloody obvious reasons

Suprallopy - because he's a tit.

Personally, I think it's a cracking idea.

Anyway, who won the punch up?

Fooking great idea. "Fight Thread"

The first rule of fight thread is you don't talk about fight thread...

I challenge everyone, because I'm 6' 5" and 18 stone, and a black belt 7th dan in Kung Fu and Ninjutsu!!

C'MON!!! (Vauxhall style).

Vauxhall style: old battered bodywork, half working internals and the street cred of a VAT inspector....... OK, name a place.