A warning for anyone using XS Power supplied fuel hose

Homer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to hear you are okay. This is one of the reasons I get the pipes I use made for me. There is a place in Basingstoke called G&R hydralics, and they stock the various pipes with all the BS standards as well as your requested rating. They also do pressure sealing and all the fancy stuff on the fixtures.

The mid range torque is just awesome now, 2nd to 4th (40-120) i'm now really pinned to the seat! It pulled like a train on the way back (though still had some det warnings flash up on hard 6th gear runs). Looking forward to Saturday and the dyno tune.

Morning Daryl

Will add another degree for when the temps go over 50c bud, On the hard runs through to 6th the air temps just seem to shoot up i feel that the airfilter is just becoming over welmed with all the heat in the bay. I think a nice cold airbox and some small bonnet vents like Ian c is a very wise move in future :cool:

Glad your car didnt go up in flames and its a happy ending.

Think i'd be getting intouch with who ever sold it to you as the fuel line is obviously not fit for use and very dangerous.

Just for a bit of info ive actually seen a test done on a hot exhaust manifold.

Petrol sprayed from a cyringe onto the manifold and the petrol doesnt ignite but do the same with brake fluid and its up in flames instantly.

Modern day brake fluid i think has an adertive in it to prevent this now ?

Petrol needs a spark to ignite it or a naked flame ie match, ciggy lighter etc

I didnt believe it till i saw it but still wouldnt try it on my car.