The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new chick in da house

Guest MINX

Hey hun, glad you're enjoying the car :D I was sad to see her go, but at least she's going to a good home!

I've sent Paul the V5 and various paperwork (MOT, Alarm Thatcham confirmation, WBO2 instructions, etc), should have landed with you by now :) When I'm back home, possibly this weekend, I'll put together a parcel for you and Paul containing the various extra parts I've got lying around!

post man left card this morning to say we gotta go collect mail so pressume thats what it is. thank you very much Bob your a star and a very brave dude for parting with the keys to your pride and joy, dont worry she will be looked after well and like i say we already have plans in the pipe line for some work to be done, its all good fun especially as the costs are all coming outta pauls bank account tee heee;)

Cheers again 4 the warm welcome will get some pics sorted this weekend as we planning a major megs detailing session with the new toy and of course my PPE two stunning beast's on drive , it dont get better than that :tongue:

just outta curiosity anyone know if its a "toyota only" part to get the small blanking plates that go in front of the gear stick there is three slots and we are two covers short also where can we get the clear plastic/ glass that goes over the dials on the dash as we dont want little fingers twiddling with the needles when there dads not looking .

(can see it now we think we got full tank of juice and son tampered with needle and really the fuel tank on empty Nightmare thought but never say never !)

Thanx for the link pete unfortunatley i cant post in that section 2 see if the guy would sell if he still has them.

for some unknown reason i cant pay my £10 and become member is there an easy way to sign up and part with pauls wonga or can i only sign up after i done my first 25 free post's? :D

is there any colour font i can use?

as black is boring lol

Thanx for the link pete unfortunatley i cant post in that section 2 see if the guy would sell if he still has them.

for some unknown reason i cant pay my £10 and become member is there an easy way to sign up and part with pauls wonga or can i only sign up after i done my first 25 free post's? :D

is there any colour font i can use?

as black is boring lol

Looks like you are now fully paid up under your name it says club member.

Try posting in that section again ;)

Mike

just outta curiosity anyone know if its a "toyota only" part to get the small blanking plates that go in front of the gear stick there is three slots and we are two covers short also where can we get the clear plastic/ glass that goes over the dials on the dash as we dont want little fingers twiddling with the needles when there dads not looking .

(can see it now we think we got full tank of juice and son tampered with needle and really the fuel tank on empty Nightmare thought but never say never !)

oops! You'll only need one plate to cover the active spoiler button hole - the other is for the fog-light switch that I forgot to back in! I'll stick the fog-light switch and plastic dial covers in the post :)

Thank you Bob your a star ;)

ok next 2 question's......

(1) we need two new rear tyres within next month any good places to purchase from on line ?

as local prices are VERY VERY scary £360 for 2x bridgestone ones same as whats on rear now.

(2) anybody got PIAA bulbs in the front of there car if so is the feedback good or bad?

we just ordered 2 pairs at £75 per set from "motorscope" is that the going rate ?

all advice appreciated :)

oh and kieren1234 i aint no lady, BUT i am all woman ;) LOL

I bought the Potenza RE050a's from mytyres for about £150 each. Give Ibrar from the forum a try (TyreLogic) - he usually gives good prices. Welcome to the expensive world of Supra ownership, and the lack of disposable income that goes with it! ;)

the supra is now alarm free at the moment. and neighbours aint happy with us.:(

it decided to throw a wobbly at 3.05am on a sunday morning and pressing the fob to unlock and re lock did nothing it continued to scream its socks off for nearly 2 hrs only stopping every 4 mins for a 10 second delay , each time it paused i was thinking yes its stopped but sure enough it started screaming its nutz off again,i checked all the windows boot bonnet and air vents couldnt find any reason for it go crazy like it had .:search:

might i add ere paul slept thru it all until i rudley woke him !

we had to eventually remove car from the drive and drive it to the middle of nowhere so not to disturb neighbours anymore as there was serious curtain twitching going on lol.

after playing wiv fob and alarm etc for best part of an hour in middle of no where we decided to brave it and park back on drive. but neither of us dare lock it up just incase it went crazy again so we just put CCTV on her and went back to bed.

took supra out mid morning to get fuel only for it to throw a wobbly again

shishh its amazing how fast folk go from drooling over your car to giving you strange looks when your car screaming its nutz off. after a couple of phone calls we managed to track my big brother down to come and kill it!!!!

we had to resort to cutting the wire to the alarm unit . but then we wasnt sure after cutting wire if it would put immobiliser in permanent dead mode. but thankfully the car did start and we was able to drive her home.

now we both anxious incase anything else is liable to go off on her at daft o clock . i dont think neighbours will be happy at all should anything else wake them . i can see the funny side of it now but i must admit i didnt at 3am this morning.

we know with all cars you get teething problems but wasnt expecting it to be so loud .least it proven one thing that the alarm and immobiliser dont work on the same circuit. we are both really shocked we could get car started and drive it when the alarm was going off.

HELP AND ADVICE is now needed what after market alarms does everyone have on there cars good and bad please share as much imfo as possible as we need to get the silver beast fully protected again ASAP.

thank you in advance for any advice to be given :)

Sounds like an old alarm! My alarm says that it when triggered it will sound the alarm in 10 lots of 30 second bursts to meet with European noise regulations.

My sister once set the alarm off on her corsa (we didn't even know it had an alarm!) and proceeded to drive it home with the alarm going off the whole way.

Matt Harwood is probably your best bet on here as he ran Sextons until recently. I'm completely useless technically with cars, especially when it comes to electronics so I'm afraid I can't help you!

Guest SupraRacer007

I'm happy for you! ... and I remember when I first got my Supra twin turbo. There's nothing like our cars is there? I'm new here too, but saw your post and wanted to say hi and welcome! ;)