The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First and Second year gifts

Supragal

Ok,

Having seen the responses from the tax disc vote perhaps there is a better way to sort the yearly membership gifts.

One suggestion is that we issue a voucher which is money off club merchandise (clothing/pens/mugs etc more as it progresses)

Any other ideas? I'll put the best and most feasible into a vote then a majority decision can decide it...

Originally posted by Whitelightning

I would rather you kept the money and gave me a sticker to put on my car. Then when I drive round I can see people in the same club.

(And mug em !)

Well we can still give the sticker out as the first year gift I suppose, but for subsequent years it's proving difficult to find something that most people would like, but which wont bust the bank but also wont be tacky and shite - hence the voucher idea came up so you could chose what you wanted from a quality range and just make up the difference in cash if you wanted something other than a sticker/pen etc.

also finding something that people don't already have in some form...

So possible stickers and cards first year still and then something else second year and beyond...

And in case you were wondering you will get your first year stuff but we still don't have the new cards made up...

er is it just me. or does the idea of effectively getting us to pay £10 and then gifting a proportion of this back via a voucher seem pointless?

I'd much rather see an annual event of some description arranged (either free or reduced cost etc), for example the christmas do, or something along the lines of the BBQ we had down in Southampton (sure we could do this on a bigger scale with free food and drink). So what if people say they can't make it and don't get anything for their tenner, its just for the info / running of the site afaic, so anything above this is a bonus.....

We've kinda been over the event thing.. and it's not fair on some people based on location. Every time we try and arrage a big meet then people far away kick off (and quite rightly so) so it's a toughy.

I know what you're saing about the running of the site. maybe we should do away with it altogether and just continue with cards/stickers...

But keep the thoughts/ideas coming... :thumbs:

Dont try to be too fair. I know what running a club is like there will always be exceptions. In the main the rules hould be read prior to joining if there are going to be "complainers" due to exceptional circumstances.

I agree with scooter. £10 is nothing for a year.

If you can use that towards a function that 90% can attend then great.

Personally I dont think any of us NEED something from that £10 appart from friendly faces, the forum and a sticker.

We are paying for your organisational time.

I think the voucher idea would be the best way to go, that way pepole can chose what they want.

To put money in a "pot" or something is a good one but as peps have said it isn't far for those who can't make it to events and you will get members that are less then a year old dipping in. - This is for a year or more members.

If you offer up funds you are going to be as equally criticised by people who find the gift idea as unfair as the event idea.

Ultimately many people came here to meet other Supra owners.

They know what 'Bling' they want (and dont want).

They dont need gifts IMHO, they want events and to be part of a social scene - aswell as the tech advice online.

Give em keyrings ? They already have the one they like - they are car people. It would simply be a waste.

If you must have a gift it should show the club identity, Ask people what they think of different types of stickers (Yes you can colour code the stickers to prove their lengthy involvement in the club if you must)

And you cannot please all people, trying will just put YOU out.

You should not be thanking us, it should be the other way round.

And we are back to why you should keep the £10 in the first place.

Originally posted by Scooter

er is it just me. or does the idea of effectively getting us to pay £10 and then gifting a proportion of this back via a voucher seem pointless?

I know the mods are working hard with ideas but, have to agree with Scooter. Keep the stickers for the 1st year and then use the funds for other things....Like the club merchandise etc... as there are R&D costs for these items, one time charges etc...

Do we really need a 2nd year freebie ?

To be honest, Im not really bothered if I get a 'free gift' or not! I mean, a sticker, a keyring etc... I'm not going to feel 'robbed' if I dont get one.

£10 is not really alot of money these days is it! :) :thumbs:

EDIT.....

I've just noticed my expiry date!!!! :eek: :conf: :twak:

This is all good guys, keep it coming!!

Personally (for once I'm allowed an opinion!) I think the club money is best invested in the hosting and, as pete says, setting up merchandise costs ie the artwork etc...

at the end of the day, if you guys don't want a second year gift then great!!

What I'll do is see if general patterns form in this thread and work something out from that.

I agree that you can't keep everyone happy which is why I'm so keen on polls, that way the makority wins and no-one can argue!!

(expiry date- don't worry, i know who you all are :D once new account is fully up and running we'll be chasing you all up ;) )

As much as it pains me to say, I agree 100% with Whitelightning.

I don't mind £10 a year (or 2p a day).

I have certainly had more than that back with 'free' advice and the laughs and other information the site has given me.

Yes a sticker is great, make sure all members get them, but after that invest the money in the site.

I work in promotions, PR etc and know the costs involved in producing 'goodies' that most people don't want or don't need.

Keep it and make this site even better.

If members want Supra.net stuff there is always the club merchandise.

Originally posted by mcanny

I'd rather see a fantastic display at next years events than a piece of cheap merchandise gathering dust in a box somewhere - buy some flags, some printed banners, a club marquee with a bar and sleeping bags, a lawnmower....

I second the bar idea. :D