The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS POWER any one use them?

luke marshall

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Geneb

LOL just seen the ignore user option, is there an option for west yorkshire?

that seems to be were all the prats come from.

will give it a try:)

luke marshall - before you get to carried away with some of the responses, I must add that the XS exhaust - though cost effective - is not what I would recommend as a high quality, nice sounding, proven exhaust. They're fairly new on the market and have an appalling customer service record.

If you are a quality junky, go for a main brand rather than these Chinese fake copies. The Japanese pipes cost more for good reason, they are designed for the Supra and with the sound to boot. The XS stuff is generic with a mid pipe made to match he model (that’s why they don't sound as good).

luke marshall - before you get to carried away with some of the responses, I must add that the XS exhaust - though cost effective - is not what I would recommend as a high quality, nice sounding, proven exhaust. They're fairly new on the market and have an appalling customer service record.

If you are a quality junky, go for a main brand rather than these Chinese fake copies. The Japanese pipes cost more for good reason, they are designed for the Supra and with the sound to boot. The XS stuff is generic with a mid pipe made to match he model (that’s why they don't sound as good).

From the man who is using an XS Power manifold and waste gate:p:p

take the additional silencer out and it drones at about 70mph - 80mph. It can be headache inducing on a long journey.

The clearance is indeed a problem, my one is scratched and flat as well. Still a lovely exhaust though and well made compared to the HKS mild steel efforts.

JB

I've not noticed said droning with 2.5" mandrel bent decats, also in stainless.

My car is also pretty damn low and the clearance seems good - I've had the exhaust on and off several times over the last few months for various reasons and always make sure I tuck it up as much as possible by adjusting the hangers.

Cheers,

Brian.

yep i bought blackies exhaust but he told me he was selling it for another reason(the little rascal), it has got a great sound at idle and when you boot it ,also very well made.

bloody good power gains dont you think? oh i deffinatly needed to buy a stereo, in such a small town i was getting a name for my self, i maybe old now but i now prefer the sleek, sneeking up on people aproch. another nail in the coffin was when i took my mum to london i just had her shouting "WHAT" "PARDON?" and "IT'S NO GOOD I CANT HEAR YOU" all the way :)