The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full BPU Vs Hybrids

Wayney

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll be interesting then. I'm betting it makes less rwhp at 1.4 bar at SRR than it did at the hubs at 1.2bar at Thor.

I am looking forward to it... :p As said, I am hoping for 480bhp + at the fly at full boost... at the end of the day, I am happy with how the car performs, and this is just bragging rights!!

I'm still on tenterhooks waiting to see just how a BPU car running 1.25 BAR can make 435 BHP at the fly, when some hybrid turbo cars cant;)

SRR is going to be interesting!! :eyebrows::D

Yes.

They are consistently higher than any other dyno I'm aware of.

Thor's quoted RHHP figures = real flywheel bhp, in my opinion and that of some others on here.

Thats interesting what exactly is the point in doin that? so the customer can maintain the "PUB" bhp figures he's given out? (NO offence to any Thor customers)

Decided im gonna bite the bullet and travel upto Ian C to get mine mapped. Ian doesntuse thor does he?

I have had first hand experience with hybrids, with Supratoys old car, running 550's and apexi power fc,

Cost a lot of money well over 3k, and he was never happy with it,

Raced him with his J-Specs...550's, beat me by two car lengths everytime,

Raced him with hybrids, I beat him with a car length everytime

And I beat him on the same rolling road by 0.5bhp;)

thats not to say hybrids are completely sh*te and a waste of time! Their just...well a waste of time;)

Don't tell Lui that he's just forked out £££ for some

Where stock turbos overspeed and pump out excessively hot air at high boost, the hybrid with a larger & more efficient compressor will flow more air at a lower shaft speed and at a lower temperature, so the post intercooler tempreature & flow will be better.

BUT you have to be using the hybrids at higher boost (i.e. up to 1.5 bar) to get this advantage. They'll actually be worse than stock tubbies at stock boost pressures as they will take longer to spin up (more lag) due to the bigger & heavier compressor and the heavier steel turbine.

Slightly laggier, but able to survive higher boost than stock while still flowing within the compressor's design range. That's what a hybrid is supposed to be.

What you get may be a different matter as hybrid builders like to keep it secret!

Thats interesting what exactly is the point in doin that? so the customer can maintain the "PUB" bhp figures he's given out? (NO offence to any Thor customers)

Decided im gonna bite the bullet and travel upto Ian C to get mine mapped. Ian doesntuse thor does he?

No I don't

o yes i have fella you can always call chris at hyper sports and racing to comfirm;)

Care to post it up so we can all take a look?

The reason i am slightly incredulous of this figure is because i would be very surprised if std turbos could flow enough air to make 435 BHP at 1.25 BAR same goes for the injectors + i am very sceptical of a lot of RRs as they like to make customers happy;)

what supporting mods have you got?

Care to post it up so we can all take a look?

The reason i am slightly incredulous of this figure is because i would be very surprised if std turbos could flow enough air to make 435 BHP at 1.25 BAR same goes for the injectors + i am very sceptical of a lot of RRs as they like to make customers happy;)

what supporting mods have you got?

no bullshit fella i am not that sort of person;) i have had an engine swop as mine over heated and did some damage so chris put me in a 1996 uk spec engine with 48K on the clock

supporting mods:-

greddy e manage

hks plugs

hks evc 5 boost controller

blitz exhaust

hks cam gears

hks panel filter

hyper sr double decat

you can see my reg number and supporting figure;)hope this helps you

Ahh UK spec, that makes things a lot more clear,bigger injectors, higher turbo flow rate, had it in my head yours was J spec, sorry to be a doubting Thomas:innocent: nice figures, i hope my UK hybrids can make that.

it was only the engine that was replaced not the turbos they are j spec still ;)