Wayney

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry i am new

told insurance i am running BPU

i am told it has stage 3 hybrified turbos in i

when speaking to sky they just said yeah whatever just what power are you running, did not mention turbos as believed it was part of BPU and just quote what i belive to be 400hp

cheers

i am more used to superchargers

I see! generally speaking some insurance companies will go on the mods and the max BHP, so telling them it making 400 BHP should not cause any problems, as whether it has std or hybrids will not grantee the power its putting out, as with either there can be vast differences in the actual BHP its making, even the difference from cold to hot weather can make 30 BHP.

Be interested in the outcome of the r/r.I have hybrids(AET)with a 3 row fmic,Apexi air intake,oil and auto coolers,PE 650 injectors,fuel dampener bypass,afr controller with Earls lines,Walbro pump,full de-cat,Apexi N1 evo exhaust,Ik22 plugs,GReddy e-manage blue,Profec II boost controller and RLTC.Like to think its pushing more than 400.Certainly feels it.Its way faster than my previous Calbra Turbo(320bhp-similar torque)and it was an Evo killer.Still is.

Personally I wouldn't go for Hybrids, I've seen too many folks spend good money on hybrids only for them to fail shortly after. The quality of them seems to vary a lot. Stock j-spec turbos are more dependable IMO.

Whoever it was above that thinks he's hitting about 450bhp; which uprated injectors are you using? The stock j-spec injectors can't flow enough fuel to make 450bhp, not unless you've raised the fuel pressure way above stock anyway.

There's a fair difference between bhp at the hubs and at the wheels. My old Supra made 350@hubs and 300rwhp.

Is anyone going to the SRR day that has previously had their car dyno'd at the hubs and still have the same mods? It would be interesting to see if your results are also more realistic at SRR.

I think the difference between going Hybrids or getting your J-Spec turbos refurb is, how much you wanna spend and whether your engine is in a good enough state or up to the task in question. :D

Wayney, I'm not sure if I have read this correctly; are you saying your choice is to get your turbos refurbished or fit hybrids? How exactly are you going to get your turbos refurbished and by who?

If you are talking about getting your turbos rebuilt, then basically they will be taken apart and new internals will be fitted, ie. they will then be hybrid turbos.

As I say I may have read this wrong, but it sounds like what your saying is; do I fit hybrid turbos or do I fit hybrid turbos :conf:

i started of stock, "well except a body kit" i then went bpu, then from advice went hybrids, if i could go back and start again, i would not muck about with hybrids, as i had so many problems with air leaks (or pipes blowing off) i have now gone single and wish i had at the begining, but saying thati still have problems but not for long, (hopefully):D

Personally I wouldn't go for Hybrids, I've seen too many folks spend good money on hybrids only for them to fail shortly after. The quality of them seems to vary a lot. Stock j-spec turbos are more dependable IMO.

Whoever it was above that thinks he's hitting about 450bhp; which uprated injectors are you using? The stock j-spec injectors can't flow enough fuel to make 450bhp, not unless you've raised the fuel pressure way above stock anyway.

There's a fair difference between bhp at the hubs and at the wheels. My old Supra made 350@hubs and 300rwhp.

Is anyone going to the SRR day that has previously had their car dyno'd at the hubs and still have the same mods? It would be interesting to see if your results are also more realistic at SRR.

Jake, i said earlier in the thread that i would have though @ 1.4 bar you'd get 450 flywheel (with bigger injectors 550 and a/m ECU) on hybrids. am i wrong?

I claim to have 450 ish... actually hoping for more (flywheel). HKS 680cc injectors, hks fuel rail, fpr, walbro fuel pump.

I will also be running the exact same mods between my run at THOR to the SRR. Only difference is that THOR dyno'd at 1.2bar, but its mapped to 1.4

i started of stock, "well except a body kit" i then went bpu, then from advice went hybrids, if i could go back and start again, i would not muck about with hybrids, as i had so many problems with air leaks (or pipes blowing off) i have now gone single and wish i had at the begining, but saying thati still have problems but not for long, (hopefully):D

I started off with a non running car... guess what, its still not running year and a half later.... :rlol:

When it was running, I was happy with hybrids, car goes well.

Jake, i said earlier in the thread that i would have though @ 1.4 bar you'd get 450 flywheel (with bigger injectors 550 and a/m ECU) on hybrids. am i wrong?

I am hoping for more :eyebrows: Hoping!! But I have cams, full fuel systems and a standalone ecu.

Wayney, what was your car before the turbos went. Were you BPU?

Personally if money is an issue, I would just buy another pair of jspec stockers there should be plenty about in pretty goo nick and have them fitted and then go for the bpu route. As Jake has said, there are been a few people of late who have had hybrid (such a non specific term) turbos fitted and gone on to have problems with seal failure after a relatively short time.

You shouldbe able to pick up a set of good condition j spec stockers for about £200-£300. The expensive part is having the old ones stripped and the new ones fitted.

Then you can budget for a BPU upgrage of perhaps £1k for double decat, fcd, colder plugs,uprated fuel pump (if not done so already) boost controller,or £1.5k to include exhaust (if you don't have one).

Otherwise if you're going to go hybrid then to get the best from them you'll probably need bigger injectors and a piggyback ecu like an E manage or a SAFC II fudger to manage your fuelling and a mapping session so this can be an area where additional expense can become an issue. Whatever you choose, do it properly, make sure you have the budget for it (and a bit extra) and that your car is in a mechanically sound condition, because modifying it will show up an issues it may have.

As with modifying a car (adding anything that isn't oem) it carries a risk. so choose wisely & make your decision.

Bugger just found out this morning that the surgeon wants to do my hand op mid August, think I'll get it put back to September;)

Unfortunately i doubt I'll get around to mapping mine to 1.4 BAR as i think i will need to get the bigger injectors in but they need cleaning and checking first,

however i might get it to 1.2 as so far i am still pulling fuel from the map and not seen 80% duty cycle yet, which also leads me to worry if its making much more power:(

No mate, not at all. 550cc injectors are more than capable of that power level.

I will also be running the exact same mods between my run at THOR to the SRR. Only difference is that THOR dyno'd at 1.2bar, but its mapped to 1.4
That'll be interesting then. I'm betting it makes less rwhp at 1.4 bar at SRR than it did at the hubs at 1.2bar at Thor.