The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Show - Sunday 7th October 2007 @ Santa Pod

lui

Had a great day out.

Thanks to Dr Blackman for the company tried our damnest to get to Toddington but holdups on the meeting places first from my mate in the starlet and then a no show from JodyT put us too far behind. We eventually got to the entrance to Toddington doing a 110 leptons at 0835 so went past straight into a forum full of Supras all belting out of the Services exit. What a totally awesome sight.

Loved the convoy especially through Olney where some old guy was waiting to cross the road with his Sunday paper and the look of disbelief on his face as he saw the queue of Supes coming through was priceless.

Thanks to Lui (Gorgeous car BTW) for giving me the pass by hand at the Pod entrance. Nice to meet the guys again (Rays the roof and Gnemie especially) but we really have to do something about forum names as I didn't get to meet most of the guys properly. You know, you look at each other sheepishly and neither breaks the ice ....

Highlight of the day had to be the Jet car followed by a close second watching the Envy guys trying to beat the JPS.

Loved the drive home through Northampton, M1, M6, M42, M5, M50... the road was littered with Jap cars....

Dr Blackman took the lead to encourage me to use more fuel :eyebrows: and after he left us at Ross, an Evo 6 came out immediately and we carried on racing home.

We stopped in a layby by Abergavenny and he also stopped and we exchanged stories as he had also come from Pod (Merthyr Guy).

This is just what these cars bring to the party... Camaraderie, fun, respect, and a big big smile.

A to B my arse :p

Thanks Guys - Can't wait for Suprapod now :cool:

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Peeps,

My day.

My day started abruptly with my mate outside at 6.45 calling me to ask why I wasn't in the car ready as we agreed 6.30, cleared the sleep from my eyes and shaved/showered in less than 5 minutes (new personal record 1.)

The journey started at 7 on the dot with us trying to get to Toddington by 8:20 am. The task wasn't pretty being 120 leptons to be covered 80 minutes of mainly A road and some duel carriageway. Rolled up at 8:20.30 with car puring smoke out of every hole. The car is completely standard bar some alloys and managed just under 10mpg on the way (new personal record 2.)

Amazing to see so many supra's on the road and worth the extra 60 miles in total to meet up at toddington!

Really great to see such a turn out of supra's on the road and at pod. Show was really good and the weather was perfect as I normally end up burnt from days out at the pod even when over cast. Seeing the JPS car was good as I have a picture of it on my computer for work with my number plate grafted on (proper sad but I don't care)

So with that in mind and the traffic so bad we managed to doing the journey home in snow mode to save petrol and managed not to move the fuel cage from full. (not really a record but good going).

Ta!

Matt

I didn't having relied on you for directions to get home and end up going to Milton Sodding Keynes and driving 20mins out of my way :mad: You bum bandit.

I wondered where you guys went:p. I blasted past that red van right outside pod, then never saw you again. There was quite a lot of traffic on the motorway, but me and an R34 had a good run:innocent: back to birmingham.

Great day and thanks to everybody that put up with me.

Was really good to see you again Ed, always a pleasure :)

I didn't having relied on you for directions to get home and end up going to Milton Sodding Keynes and driving 20mins out of my way :mad: You bum bandit.

I'm innocent :innocent: blame my passenger for the directions :search:. I thought you knew the way mate sorry, was just going to wait for you on the dual carriageway, which I did, but when I phoned and you said you were on a totally different road and that you were nearer the M1 than I was, I thought I would catch up with there. Not my fault you headed to Turbofit :p

I wondered where you guys went:p. I blasted past that red van right outside pod, then never saw you again. There was quite a lot of traffic on the motorway, but me and an R34 had a good run:innocent: back to birmingham.

I went round the van not long after you but then my satnav told me to turn left off that lane at the bend :rolleyes: Took a chance and it took my the bat cave route to the island at the bottom of the town. After waiting for Pete for a bit I then gunned it home, what time did you get back Trick because I couldn't figure out if you were in front of me or behind. I got to wolvo at 7:45.

I went round the van not long after you but then my satnav told me to turn left off that lane at the bend :rolleyes: Took a chance and it took my the bat cave route to the island at the bottom of the town. After waiting for Pete for a bit I then gunned it home, what time did you get back Trick because I couldn't figure out if you were in front of me or behind. I got to wolvo at 7:45.

I think i must have been just in front of you. I got back to mine at about 7:40. I've taken that left before and it goes through a very narrow little village. I spent 10 minutes in the queue at the temp lights, then hit the a45 at the tesco junction.

I think i must have been just in front of you. I got back to mine at about 7:40. I've taken that left before and it goes through a very narrow little village. I spent 10 minutes in the queue at the temp lights, then hit the a45 at the tesco junction.

My satnav always takes me straight across the island into the village everytime I go to pod, I was going to trying turning right at that island on the way in this time but wanted to hear the RS*R through the tight streets :D