The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats Wrong With Veilside???

Blackie

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Geneb

Theres nothing wrong with the veilside kit bud it looks great but its personal preference , just just a lot of peeps on here who like o say is crap for he sake of saying it and being in with the in crowd:)

Guest CoolsBlue

veilside is nice, i got one coming this week, its a custom job, been extended outwards looks better i think as the others, from a side view, come down and just drop, my one comes out in a pointed shape

I think the problem is the kit is ~10 years old and isn't seen to be particularly tasteful these days. It was unique in its day, but that has long since passed. I noticed that the vast majority of supporters of this kit are vbery much the younger club members...

That said, there are two Veilside cars I like, Charltons white one and foodfreaks blue one :)

Charlton: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=3217&d=1153487141

Foodfreak: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=47187&d=1163755831

Apart from the rear wing which looks nearly as sh1te as the TRD wing, an original veilside C1 kit looks ace on a supra. I know the kit is 10 years old, Homer, but since my supe is 14 in a few weeks time i dont care:p Its only copied cos its so good - there's a good reason they dont make bomex noses for everything:eyebrows:

ps. thanks for calling me one of the younger members - doesn't happen much at 35:innocent:

We changed cars from a stock nose to one with a VS on it a few months ago.

I'm still not sure about it, sometimes I catch a glimse of it and think it looks really great, other times I think it looks a bit dated.

Saying that, I've poured over pics (and in the flesh) of all the options and I don't really know if I prefer any of them.

Think it depends on what colour the car is as well, I think it looks better on darker cars, especially blue (see pic).

Think nearly all kits look better than stock though (unless it's got an aftermarket lip, which I also like)...

G

DSCF0878%20%28Small%29.JPG

Theres nothing wrong with the veilside kit bud it looks great but its personal preference , just just a lot of peeps on here who like o say is crap for he sake of saying it and being in with the in crowd:)

agreed 100% just wait till the usa boys start hating the trd spoiler or the trial rear;)then people on here will do the same:sly:

Funny how people's opinions change,

seeing that my car was voted club car two years running for Bolney.....;)

I don't care what others think.....I still like it:p

John

Just looked in your garage but :search:

Same as mine... must get some pics in...

G :)

Guest bacon-90

i got veilside on mine but wen i get it will prob change them for trial front an rear bumpers an im goin to get rid of the rear wing hopefully as well..... jus dont look rite...

Guest bacon-90

look on envy on the bodykits on the last page there on there... dont ask me to put pictures on here because i cant... sorry

If I had bottomless pits of money I would build a full Veilside Supra. Done correctly they can look amazing. I love the one on Veilside site with the overfenders! Add big power, stripped interior and rollcage and you have an awesome car. FACT. :D

supra_c1_jza80_ae004.jpg

If I had bottomless pits of money I would build a full Veilside Supra. Done correctly they can look amazing. I love the one on Veilside site with the overfenders! Add big power, stripped interior and rollcage and you have an awesome car. FACT. :D

agree completly

Ha ha ha:d

Thats the funniest thing I have heard in ages!!;):):p