The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Do

Guest fredd1e

I think this chap is quite funny :p

Sounds like its cut n paste from a list from an Autotrader ad doesnt it. I kinda see what hes saying if you were comparing a standard trim UK car with a standard JDM model with no options added I spose (edit, not everything stated was factually accurate of course ;) ).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a newbie vs ITrader debate? As I said in my intro', I'm new to this arena & I welcome your support & advice.

Maybe its turned out to be " I want your tenner" & don't upset the Traders & moderators, there's a surplus of Jap Supras out there!!!

I'm not upset. Nothing personal but why should I make allowances for you? This isn't a free hosting service for you to sell your car. When you signed up, you agreed to the terms and conditions.

You're welcome to help and advice, BUT there are people here who won't have the wool pulled over their eyes. ;)

So, if you want to post up a "for sale" thread then you'll have to pay just like everyone else has to. If you don't want to, the try somewhere else. Sorry, but that's how it is.

And how does the bonnet scoop improve mpg?

Guest fredd1e
I think it has very little to do with the traders on here....

Rob, clearly, you should think about being a politician!!! you think, (therefore you don't know) it has very little (OK then...how much?) to do with the traders on here...

Next time you hear a politician speak on TV, count the number of times you hear the word "think", "very little" & the most overused word..."clearly"!!!!

Rob, clearly, you should think about being a politician!!! you think, (therefore you don't know) it has very little (OK then...how much?) to do with the traders on here...

Next time you hear a politician speak on TV, count the number of times you hear the word "think", "very little" & the most overused word..."clearly"!!!!

I am still confused :shrug:

I'd rather have a JSpec than a UK. I know you got more with a uk Spec, but its been on this shitty island for over 10 years and that has to be bad for rust, they weren't MPH restricted and held to the strict MOT/servicing that the Japs are!!

I have an n/a and need more horses, i'll haveone of those bonnets!!!

Tell you what, not dissing the UK guys or anything, i'll take a picture of the underside / front and rear subframes on one of my UK cars, then i'll take pictures of the same on a J-spec. Now, the Japanese ones are nice and black, but the UK's look slightly different. Perhaps the 'brown flakey rust' was a UK car option? :D

Sorry fella but you're talking total bollocks. Toyotas dont rust like you think. My old mans still got his 15 year old beater Carina E which has no rust whatsoever, and thats been around the block a fair few times.

(meant for chilly - Jezzy always talks bollocks and he knows it ;) :D )

Jezzy always talks bollocks and he knows it ;) :D )

Glad you noticed that too :D

You're both off my xmas card list.

Not that either of you were on it anyway you pair of fuckers. :D

Na, they dont rust that bad. Being sat in the elements for 5 years doesnt help. ;)

Is this a newbie vs ITrader debate? As I said in my intro', I'm new to this arena & I welcome your support & advice.

Maybe its turned out to be " I want your tenner" & don't upset the Traders & moderators, there's a surplus of Jap Supras out there!!!

The rules are there for a reason, for all we know you are a car trader coming on here trying to flog a car you have in stock. £10 membership is cheap to advertise a car to a captive audience of Supra fanatics.

Larger steel (not Ceramic) Turbos - More durable

Here are photos (courtesy of JB) of the UK spec vs J-spec internal. The UK spec is the smaller one on the left of the pic ;)

http://www.btinternet.com/~branners/resources/turbo/010804-003.jpg

Larger 550cc fuel injectors

There is zero benefit of the 550cc injectors on a stock Supra, even when increasing the power, the J-spec 440cc injectors are able to supply sufficient fuel for 400+hp. Bigger injectors don't make a car more powerful or faster ;)

Larger 12.6" spiral vented discs with 4 pot front and 2 pot rear callipers with supra logos.

Standard also on many J-spec Supra models.

Vented bonnet - To improve fuel consumption

Again how does is it do that?

Larger 17" alloy wheels - With angled spokes to improve cooling

Standard also on many J-spec Supra models. Please can you post pics of the angled spoke design on the 17" and how it differs from the 16".

You obviously enjoy the thrill of speed & power, but I've enjoyed the same for the past 10+ years & am reluctantly selling such a beast to the right person.

You should try a J-spec Supra sometime, you might be pleasantly surprised how much quicker the larger ceramic turbos spool up ;)