Guest fredd1e

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the remaining 600+ that was UK built
UK built? I don't think so.

I thought MSB = metallic silver bronze,
I'm sure that's a "backronym" that MSB owners came up with to explain away what MSB really stands for.

Wouldnt call it brown... its gunmetal
It's not Gunmetal. Deffo MSB.

Guest fredd1e

UK built? I don't think so.

Pedantic. Built/Assembled. Or can you enlighten me?

Why should Insurance companies charge a extra £500 for all the Jap "built" imports, if "UK Supra built parts" are obviously cheaper? After all, its a far better spec car than the common or garden import versions. Or amarrang

Pedantic. Built/Assembled. Or can you enlighten me?
You are right that I'm pedantic. The reason for that is because I don't like seeing things stated as fact that are incorrect. I don't mean to offend you by being like it but if you take it that way.... oh well :shrug:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure all all Supras, regardless of UK Spec, JSpec, US spec, were built/assembled/whatever you want to call it, in Japan.

Why should Insurance companies charge a extra £500 for all the Jap "built" imports, if "UK Supra built parts" are obviously cheaper?
The parts aren't obviously cheaper though. 99% of the parts are the same between uk and j-spec Supras.

After all, its a far better spec car than the common or garden import versions.
You may think so. The cars do have different specs and each spec has its benefits. Some of the UKs so-called spec advantages are not desirable to many of us.

Guest fredd1e

OK, so you're pretty sure, (or are you sure pretty)!!, can anyone confirm such as fact......also

1% equals :-

Larger steel (not Ceramic) Turbos - More durable

Larger 550cc fuel injectors

Larger 12.6" spiral vented discs with 4 pot front and 2 pot rear callipers with supra logos.

Larger oil and transmission coolers

Glass - Not plastic headlights - with heated washer jets

Vented bonnet - To improve fuel consumption

Larger 17" alloy wheels - With angled spokes to improve cooling

All options available on the Japanese models were standard on the UK model - The UK model cost in 1994 a staggering £43,000!!

You obviously enjoy the thrill of speed & power, but I've enjoyed the same for the past 10+ years & am reluctantly selling such a beast to the right person.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong sub-forum, however as the thread suggested more pics....I couldn't resist such a temptation...could you would you?

Larger steel (not Ceramic) Turbos - More durable
Larger? Define larger?

Larger 12.6" spiral vented discs with 4 pot front and 2 pot rear callipers with supra logos.
My j-spec has those.

Larger oil and transmission coolers
Where is this larger transmission cooler on your auto UK spec?

Vented bonnet - To improve fuel consumption

To improve MPG is it? ;) How does it do that then?

Larger 17" alloy wheels - With angled spokes to improve cooling
Same as most j-specs then.

All options available on the Japanese models were standard on the UK model
Oh really? The UK has REAS suspension does it? Carbon fibre steering wheel?

The UK model cost in 1994 a staggering £43,000!!
That would perhaps be staggering if it was true. It's not true though.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong sub-forum, however as the thread suggested more pics....I couldn't resist such a temptation...could you would you?

No you're not. You thought you'd try it on. People asked to see pics because you claimed you had such a unique Supra. It wasn't an invitation for you to use it as a platform to post a for sale post.

And the UK-Jspec debate has gone on many a time on here, it's hardly considered sport anymore.

the UK-Jspec debate has gone on many a time on here, it's hardly considered sport anymore.
It is when the newbie is quite as deluded as this fella! :D

The famous MPG improving bonnet scoop, eh? I've never heard such tosh!

Guest fredd1e

Is this a newbie vs ITrader debate? As I said in my intro', I'm new to this arena & I welcome your support & advice.

Maybe its turned out to be " I want your tenner" & don't upset the Traders & moderators, there's a surplus of Jap Supras out there!!!

i think alot of people on here are a bit wary of new members as theres so many blaggers out there, i have only been on here since march and now they all have made me feel like one of there own, always there to answer questions and that, s*it,....i love you guys... also, i think its near on impossible to upset the mods. i love you guys too

Is this a newbie vs ITrader debate? As I said in my intro', I'm new to this arena & I welcome your support & advice.

Maybe its turned out to be " I want your tenner" & don't upset the Traders & moderators, there's a surplus of Jap Supras out there!!!

:wtf: